From: H.Henkler on
Can anyone tell me how to avoid banding patterns on my 10x15 cm (other
sizes as well) prints.
Using: EPSON Stylus Photo R200
Epson Premium Glossy Paper (and others)
Compatible ink cartridges.
Printing both with Adobe Photo Deluxe and Microsoft Picture it.

I went through the print head aligning procedure and nozzle check. Both
look fine.
The fine banding lines come out horizontally, i.e. in the print head
motion direction.

Hoping to find the solution to the problem
Herb

From: me on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:53:30 +0200, "H.Henkler"
<1und1/1122-217(a)online.de> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to avoid banding patterns on my 10x15 cm (other
>sizes as well) prints.
>Using: EPSON Stylus Photo R200
>Epson Premium Glossy Paper (and others)
>Compatible ink cartridges.
>Printing both with Adobe Photo Deluxe and Microsoft Picture it.
>
>I went through the print head aligning procedure and nozzle check. Both
>look fine.
>The fine banding lines come out horizontally, i.e. in the print head
>motion direction.

If there is a setting to UNselect bidirectional printing try that.
From: Arthur Entlich on
If you look closely at your nozzle check you probably will notice the
steplike line are not equally distant from one another. This is called
deflected nozzles, and they can cause the type of banding you are
seeing, Looking at the samples, I would also suspect you have some
intermittent head nozzles due to intermittent clogging.

If you wish to have a manual that explains this in detail, and how to
resolve it, just email me and ask for it. Just mention the model number
and the difficulty you are seeing.

email me at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/