From: TIMOTHY NEWELL on
Hello.

Here is what I get upon trying to open my Mailbox:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'novusnovem_verizon_mail',
Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

....And...

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Verizon Yahoo!', Server:
'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Any help would be most appreciated.

Tim N.
Buffalo, NY
Sic transit gloria mundi

From: PA Bear on
If this sudden, new behavior or an ongoing problem? Have you ever been able
to access the accounts in OE?

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

<paste>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</paste>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

<snip>

From: Michael Santovec on
Are you sure you are supposed to use SSL? Few mail servers support
that.

Check your settings at Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Advanced,

"TIMOTHY NEWELL" <novusnovem(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Here is what I get upon trying to open my Mailbox:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Account:
> 'novusnovem_verizon_mail', Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> ...And...
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Verizon Yahoo!',
> Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
> Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Tim N.
> Buffalo, NY
> Sic transit gloria mundi