From: brett on
Am getting error messages when retrieving emails in OE 6 e.g. 0x800420CD
and message gone from server. McAfee firewall allowing full access. WinXP
SP2 firewall 'off'.
Thanks,Brett

From: journman on

From: Bruce Hagen on

From: Bruce Hagen on
The entire error message would be better, but I'm pretty sure you have a
corrupt message trying to download. Use your WebMail option to remove
messages at your ISPs Website.

Also, make sure Leave a copy of messages on the server is not checked in
Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

From: brett on
From Brett. Very sorry and here is the Error Message text detail:

Message number 10 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop3.toucansurf.corn'.
Server: 'pop3.toucansurf.com'. Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Can't
open the message file - it's gone!'. Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No. Server
Error: Ox800CCC90. Error Number: Ox80Q420CD

Message number 11 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop3.toucansurf.com'.
Server: 'pop3.toucansurf.com'. Protocol: POPS, Server Response: '-ERR Can't
open the message file . it's gone!'. Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: Ox800CCC90, Error Number: Ox800420CD

Since then I have had Message numbers 12 and 13, both the same. If I have a
look on the server there is nothing of course.

Thanks

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam(a)mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> The entire error message would be better, but I'm pretty sure you have a
> corrupt message trying to download. Use your WebMail option to remove
> messages at your ISPs Website.
>
> Also, make sure Leave a copy of messages on the server is not checked in
> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - Outlook Express
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "brett" <dbrett1(removethis)@toucansurf.com> wrote in message
>> Am getting error messages when retrieving emails in OE 6 e.g. 0x800420CD
>> and message gone from server. McAfee firewall allowing full access.
>> WinXP SP2 firewall 'off'.
>> Thanks,Brett
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2