From: milleron on
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:32:00 GMT, no(a)spam.invalid (damgood85) wrote:

>Thanks, I have downloaded memtest86+ and will be running it tonight.
>And yes the file unziped was 512kb on the nose also a suggestion was
>made on another site that I step up the bios version by version from
>the one I have (v1009) to the latest non beta one (v1012) I.E. flash
>v1010 then 1011 then 1012. Dose that make any sense? As well I had
>already tried moving the one 512-mem stick I have to the other
>available slots. I have also already pulled everything I dont
>absolutely need (cd burner, zip drive, extra fan) to reduce the draw
>on my power supply.

It shouldn't hurt anything to flash the BIOS sequentially, but that
should NOT be necessary if the hardware's OK and the BIN file is the
correct one for the BIOS.
In other words, it won't hurt to try, but it almost certainly will not
solve your problem.

Ron
From: damgood85 on
EZ-flash worked and got the system stable enough to install the os but
it still freezes up at random and will not do a warm boot from windows
or the reset button. And when I do a cold boot after a freeze I get
the "Overclocking failed" AMI error. It doesnt mater if I
reset to bios default or not, still a minute later it is frozen again

From: damgood85 on
I have ran memtest86 for 7 passes before I did the flash and got no
errors but now that XP is on it (and freezing as it is) memtest86
freezes after about three minutes

From: damgood85 on
I just got back from the shop I got the mem from. I explained the
problem to my friend that works there, he had a similar problem that
turned out to be bad memory so he gave me another stick with the same
specs but a different make. But as I have been typing this memtest86
has frozen on its first pass about the same place it did with the old
stick.

From: damgood85 on
thanks all, a new bord solved it all.