From: Ron on
On Dec 14, 3:35 pm, "siljaline" <s...(a)uce.gov> wrote:
> Ron wrote:
>
> What abouthttp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=home
>
> You have a point, the URL bombed for me at first using IE 8.
> Now appears to be working.
> <http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2372>
>
> The stand-alone Rogue AV Tool is here > (right-click "save as" assuming Win XP)
> <http://download.eset.com/special/ERACleaner.exe>

Is this tool supposed to be used after getting infected?

I ran it and it "scanned" for less than one second.
From: siljaline on
Ron wrote:
>Is this tool supposed to be used after getting infected?
>I ran it and it "scanned" for less than one second.

Yes and yes it runs for a few seconds on a non-infected machine.
It is currently being used in Forums that support HJT Log file analysis.

More as I hear.

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: No Spam on
In article <hg3igv$a2$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
"siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov> wrote:

>http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2372#1
>
>Silj

Correct and direct URL is.