From: JRC on
Hello, everyone.

My current project requires me to edit EXIF data on photos stored as
TIFF files. Some of these are files created by an Olympus camera and
originally saved as TIFF. Others are TIFF files created from slide
scans using a Nikon 35 mm slide/film scanner.

The files created by the digital camera have date and time stamps that
are not correct and need to be modified. The scans from slides don't
have any EXIF data and I would like to be able to include it (things
such as date, time, model of scanner used, etc,).

My question: What tool is available for editing EXIF information on
TIFF files ?

I have tried a search on Google but haven't really found anything
other than a couple of applications that can only edit EXIF data on
JPEG files. I would prefer a Photoshop or Bridge plug-in in case one
is available since I do most of my work with these two applications.
However, in case one is not available I would consider using a
standalone applications for this task. The only thing I would like to
avoid is any application that would require command line input.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Joe
From: Kabuki on

"JRC" <joemailgroups(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, everyone.
>

> My current project requires me to edit EXIF data on photos stored as
> TIFF files. Some of these are files created by an Olympus camera and
> originally saved as TIFF. Others are TIFF files created from slide
> scans using a Nikon 35 mm slide/film scanner.
>
> The files created by the digital camera have date and time stamps that
> are not correct and need to be modified. The scans from slides don't
> have any EXIF data and I would like to be able to include it (things
> such as date, time, model of scanner used, etc,).
>
> My question: What tool is available for editing EXIF information on
> TIFF files ?
>
> I have tried a search on Google but haven't really found anything
> other than a couple of applications that can only edit EXIF data on
> JPEG files. I would prefer a Photoshop or Bridge plug-in in case one
> is available since I do most of my work with these two applications.
> However, in case one is not available I would consider using a
> standalone applications for this task. The only thing I would like to
> avoid is any application that would require command line input.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Joe

not sure but BRIDGE might already have what you need
under tools> make a template with correct info
then use APPEND METADATA

From: Johan W. Elzenga on
Kabuki <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote:

> > My current project requires me to edit EXIF data on photos stored as
> > TIFF files. Some of these are files created by an Olympus camera and
> > originally saved as TIFF. Others are TIFF files created from slide
> > scans using a Nikon 35 mm slide/film scanner.
> >
> > The files created by the digital camera have date and time stamps that
> > are not correct and need to be modified. The scans from slides don't
> > have any EXIF data and I would like to be able to include it (things
> > such as date, time, model of scanner used, etc,).
> >
> > My question: What tool is available for editing EXIF information on
> > TIFF files ?
> >
> > I have tried a search on Google but haven't really found anything
> > other than a couple of applications that can only edit EXIF data on
> > JPEG files. I would prefer a Photoshop or Bridge plug-in in case one
> > is available since I do most of my work with these two applications.
> > However, in case one is not available I would consider using a
> > standalone applications for this task. The only thing I would like to
> > avoid is any application that would require command line input.
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Joe
>

> not sure but BRIDGE might already have what you need
> under tools> make a template with correct info
> then use APPEND METADATA

Nope, that won't work. Bridge can only edit metadata such as name,
copyright, keywords, but not data that the camera normally writes into
the files, such as camera model and capture date.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
From: Andrew Morton on
A bit of searching found this:
"SetEXIFData v2.4 - A tool to add/modify EXIF data in images"
http://82.94.219.20/~marcvos/downloads/realbasic/index.html

I haven't looked any further into it other than its title.

Andrew

From: JRC on
On Nov 5, 2:52 am, nom...(a)please.invalid (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:
> Kabuki <masq...(a)ball.net> wrote:
> > > My current project requires me to edit EXIF data on photos stored as
> > > TIFF files. Some of these are files created by an Olympus camera and
> > > originally saved as TIFF. Others are TIFF files created from slide
> > > scans using a Nikon 35 mm slide/film scanner.
>
> > > The files created by the digital camera have date and time stamps that
> > > are not correct and need to be modified. The scans from slides don't
> > > have any EXIF data and I would like to be able to include it (things
> > > such as date, time, model of scanner used, etc,).
>
> > > My question: What tool is available for editing EXIF information on
> > > TIFF files ?
>
> > > I have tried a search on Google but haven't really found anything
> > > other than a couple of applications that can only edit EXIF data on
> > > JPEG files. I would prefer a Photoshop or Bridge plug-in in case one
> > > is available since I do most of my work with these two applications.
> > > However, in case one is not available I would consider using a
> > > standalone applications for this task. The only thing I would like to
> > > avoid is any application that would require command line input.
>
> > > Any suggestions ?
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > Joe
>
> > not sure but BRIDGE might already have what you need
> > under tools> make a template with correct info
> > then use APPEND METADATA
>
> Nope, that won't work. Bridge can only edit metadata such as name,
> copyright, keywords, but not data that the camera normally writes into
> the files, such as camera model and capture date.
>
> --
> Johan W. Elzenga           johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
> Editor / Photographer    http://www.johanfoto.com

Thanks, Johan and Kabuki.

I've tried it and have also contacted Adobe but it seems Bridge can't
edit EXIF data. Bridge is a very good browser and it could benefit
from having this feature added. I will post a message to their
discussion groups for feature requests to suggest that they
incorporate this in the upcoming version of the program.

Best regards,

Joe