From: Fruit2O on
A number of years ago, I had software called Deep Paint and
PhotoArtMaster. These pieces of software could, quite easily, make a
photo look like a painting. Does anyone know of similar software
available now?
From: Noisy on
Try Twisted Brush which is quite good. I still have PhotoArt Master and Deep
Paint and both still work with Vista. Both were available free ayear or so
ago. Try Google as usual
From: Dave on
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:32:26 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww(a)cox.net> wrote:

>A number of years ago, I had software called Deep Paint and
>PhotoArtMaster. These pieces of software could, quite easily, make a
>photo look like a painting. Does anyone know of similar software
>available now?

I don't agree. No software can 'quite easily' make a photo look like a
painting. If you are serious, you'll have to really do digital
painting by drawing the photos main lines with either Photoshop's Pen
Tool and continue by painting it with the Brush Tool, or use the best
software on the market therefore, which is Corel Painter.
(Not Paintshop but Painter)
This is not a plug-in work to do but time consuming and hard work.

Dave

http://kuns.fotopic.net/p53776192.html

http://dave.photos.gb.net/p48939368.html

http://dave.photos.gb.net/p40012705.html

http://dave.photos.gb.net/p40012706.html

http://dave.photos.gb.net/p43598472.html

From: rmo555 on
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 00:00:09 GMT, Noisy(a)noisy.com wrote:

>Try Twisted Brush which is quite good. I still have PhotoArt Master and Deep
>Paint and both still work with Vista. Both were available free ayear or so
>ago. Try Google as usual

Thanks!! I have the original of PhotoArtMaster - but can't get it to
work. I can't even get started with it. Perhaps you could help.

I also have the original of Deep Paint and have always liked it. Just
looking for some additional apps for my arsenal.
From: rmo555 on
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 20:56:21 +0200, Dave <d(a)ve.koza> wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:32:26 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>>A number of years ago, I had software called Deep Paint and
>>PhotoArtMaster. These pieces of software could, quite easily, make a
>>photo look like a painting. Does anyone know of similar software
>>available now?
>
>I don't agree. No software can 'quite easily' make a photo look like a
>painting. If you are serious, you'll have to really do digital
>painting by drawing the photos main lines with either Photoshop's Pen
>Tool and continue by painting it with the Brush Tool, or use the best
>software on the market therefore, which is Corel Painter.
> (Not Paintshop but Painter)
>This is not a plug-in work to do but time consuming and hard work.
>
>Dave

Thanks also. I'll take another look at Painter - but I think it's too
difficult for my level of expertise.

>http://kuns.fotopic.net/p53776192.html
>
>http://dave.photos.gb.net/p48939368.html
>
>http://dave.photos.gb.net/p40012705.html