From: Noisy on
Ok, here goes.

Open PAM>File> and open the image you want to paint

Click on the easel icon or go to Editors>Studio

You should now have a blank canvas and six or so thumbnails in the tabs at
the bottom of the screen labelled Main Colours/ main Edges etc

Double click on one of these - this should now load in the preview window at
the top left of the canvas (This may be the step you missed)

Paint on the canvas with whatever brush you choose (they're below the
preview window) and that will appear on the canvas

Adjust the sliders on the left at will to get whatever effect you want.

What I find with PAM is that the effects are rarely replicable so if I hit
soemthing I like I tend to stop and save then. If you move on, it's almost
impossible to get back. I also find the effects are a bit crude sometimes
(maybe why PAM and Buzz its sister program went out of business) but in
writing these notes I've just done a nice silkscreen-type image of Swansea
Bay on afile I'd not used before. So it's worth a spin

I forgot to mention Buzz. It's great for underpainting but again its one
from the past. But no doubt a scout round Google will find one out there
somehwere. Worth looking at too

But Painter or Twisted Brush are the best. The other alternative is to
Google some PS Actions. there are some good ones out there, adjustable to
taste requiring some decisions and creativity but not as complex as Painter
can be. Photoshop-Actions-Painting/Sketching would prbably give you a start

Good luck
From: rmo555 on
Thank you.....

From: rmo555 on
Ooooops!! When I open the Studio, all I get is a blank canvas - no
Thumbnails. What am I doing wrong?

From: Noisy on
Mmmm, not sure.

When you open the image - before you go to studio - does it show up?

ie

Open PAM>File>Open, and go to the image you want to paint

Now does your image replace the Sunflower which is there by default.? If
not, then I'd guess the image is not loading; if that's the case it may be
the wrong fornat. It only opens jpgs and pngs. If you have a different
format, then there's your answer.

If your image is there replacing the sunflower, then going to Studio should
bring it with it

Let me know how you get on
From: rmo555 on
Got PAM to work. Is there a way to print the Help files?

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:09:37 -0500, rmo555(a)cox.net wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:04:05 GMT, Noisy(a)noisy.com wrote:
>
>>There is the cut down vewrsion Painter Essentials which might be a good
>>place to start. Rather like starting PS with Elements and moving up
>
>I'm used to PS - even though I haven't used it in a while - been ill.
>I'll check out Painter Essentials. In the meantime, could you help me
>started in PhotoArtMaster? I just tried it last night and finally took
>it off my system. It's an original version. What happens is that I'll
>open a photo - then click on Studio. When I do that, I get a blank
>canvas. Why does this happen? Am I doing something wrong?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: rotate guide line in CS3
Next: EXIF editor for Mac OS X.