From: Twibil on
On Jul 27, 10:52 am, Russ D <ru...(a)myowndomain.org> wrote:

> The WHOLE paradigm of "capitalism" is to personally benefit off of the
> misfortunes of others.

Well, no, that's not the case.

> There is NO OTHER DEFINITION.

Of course there is: the real one.

You seem to be suffering from a full-blown psychosis wherein you have
(A) deluded yourself into thinking that you actually understand socio-
economic systems, and (B) have really-and-truly come to believe that
whatever you say will become true if only you repeat it enough times.

Alas for you, actual Capitalism is based on the concept of mutual
gain: I.E. a good deal for both buyer *and* seller. That individuals
will frequently twist this concept to their own gain -usually to the
detriment of others- should come as no surprise to you, seeing as how
every single *other* socio-economic system mankind has so far invented
has been subject to exactly the same problem.

Say hello to Nurse Ratched for us, okay?
From: jls on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:52:01 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:21:30 -0400, jls <notvalid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:01:21 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
>>>
>>>Now that's capitalism.
>>
>>It may be "capitalising" on someone else's illegal behavior, but it is
>>not the right way to pursue true "capitalism".
>
>The WHOLE paradigm of "capitalism" is to personally benefit off of the
>misfortunes of others. There is NO OTHER DEFINITION.

Utter bullshit. I suggest you actually read something.

>Ask Oprah. Her whole
>empire is founded on exploiting the misfortunes of others. As are the
>incomes of EVERY LAST CEO ON THE PLANET.

Ah, okay, now I know you're just pulling my chain.

From: Russ D on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:37:53 -0400, jls <notvalid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:52:01 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:21:30 -0400, jls <notvalid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:01:21 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>

>>>It may be "capitalising" on someone else's illegal behavior, but it is
>>>not the right way to pursue true "capitalism".
>>
>>The WHOLE paradigm of "capitalism" is to personally benefit off of the
>>misfortunes of others. There is NO OTHER DEFINITION.
>
>Utter bullshit. I suggest you actually read something.

The definitions in your books doesn't match the definition as it exists in
practice in the real world.

I suggest you actually experience real life and take those book-learned-
induced-ignorance blinders off.

"If I had read as many books as other men, I should have been as ignorant
as they are." - Thomas Hobbes

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:37:53 -0400, jls <notvalid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:52:01 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:21:30 -0400, jls <notvalid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:01:21 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>

>>>It may be "capitalising" on someone else's illegal behavior, but it is
>>>not the right way to pursue true "capitalism".
>>
>>The WHOLE paradigm of "capitalism" is to personally benefit off of the
>>misfortunes of others. There is NO OTHER DEFINITION.
>
>Utter bullshit. I suggest you actually read something.
>
>>Ask Oprah. Her whole
>>empire is founded on exploiting the misfortunes of others. As are the
>>incomes of EVERY LAST CEO ON THE PLANET.
>
>Ah, okay, now I know you're just pulling my chain.

People who have the attitude Russ D shows are almost always people who
have had no success of their own and resent the success of others. By
portraying successful people as evil, they attempt to justify their
own failures as a mark of goodness.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Russ D on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:53:06 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:37:53 -0400, jls <notvalid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:52:01 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
>>wrote:

>>>The WHOLE paradigm of "capitalism" is to personally benefit off of the
>>>misfortunes of others. There is NO OTHER DEFINITION.
>>
>>Utter bullshit. I suggest you actually read something.
>>
>>>Ask Oprah. Her whole
>>>empire is founded on exploiting the misfortunes of others. As are the
>>>incomes of EVERY LAST CEO ON THE PLANET.
>>
>>Ah, okay, now I know you're just pulling my chain.
>
>People who have the attitude Russ D shows are almost always people who
>have had no success of their own and resent the success of others. By
>portraying successful people as evil, they attempt to justify their
>own failures as a mark of goodness.

Really? I retired at the age of 25 off of the money I made through the
arts. I am not a greedy person so I didn't want much per year for the rest
of my life, allowing me to pursue anything I damn well please for the rest
of my life.

But this is not about me and my source of income. It is about the TRUE
definition of capitalism. Oprah has built her whole foundation on
exploiting the misfortunes of others, from day one. That's all she's ever
done (just like all of those who subscribe to christianity always exploit
the misfortunes of others for their own personal gain, financial or
otherwise). Rarely, now that Oprah has made all that money from exploiting
the misfortunes of others, will she have a non-exploitive show, acting like
she's doing everyone a favor by doing so, but that's still rare. Those who
are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars as heads of The Red Cross gain
all their income off of the disasters in others' lives. The CEOs of
insurance companies all get paid off of the fears and hardships of others.
Every employee of every TV news show in the world gets paid by exploiting
any and all disasters in other's lives day by day. Bill Gates has built his
whole foundation on exploiting his theft of other's software.

I can cite thousands of examples of how this "capitalism", that you wish
was different, is not what you think it is. How does what you believe
disprove any of this?

I have also observed that those who exploit the misfortunes of others the
most for the own greatest personal gain, in the name of capitalism, are the
first and loudest to deny doing just that.

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.