From: Mike Cook on
I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
contrast & brightness.

I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.

Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
against power outages, etc.

Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
page)?

Thanks.

From: Dave on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:17:22 -0700, Mike Cook <mcham(a)NOTyahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
>contrast & brightness.
>
>I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
>When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.
>
>Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
>PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
>against power outages, etc.
>
>Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
>values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
>for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
>page)?
>
>Thanks.

Mike, you should not have a problem. I have a programme named
'PDF-XChange Version 4' and make forms for my office on it.
Reading your question, I tried it and I can play with it and edit it
which ever way I want to, using PS (CS5).
If I understand you right, you would like to know how to safe in PDF?

http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-10743_4-10313206.html

From: Kabuki on

"Dave" <dave(a)durbs.koza> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:17:22 -0700, Mike Cook <mcham(a)NOTyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to
>>the
>>contrast & brightness.
>>
>>I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
>>When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.
>>
>>Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save
>>As
>>PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
>>against power outages, etc.
>>
>>Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
>>values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it
>>once
>>for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for
>>each
>>page)?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

> Mike, you should not have a problem. I have a programme named
> 'PDF-XChange Version 4' and make forms for my office on it.
> Reading your question, I tried it and I can play with it and edit it
> which ever way I want to, using PS (CS5).
> If I understand you right, you would like to know how to safe in PDF?
>
> http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-10743_4-10313206.html

I don't think you can do this in PS- it only allows on page at a time
and I don't think you can make an action that includes open the page
maybe a script but I don't know how to do that

I do think you might ask the Illustrator group
that prog allows multiple pages to open
sorry I don't use it much and so can't say if you can make changes to all
images at once

the workaround I would use is to adjust contrast in the printer interface

From: Jo on
On Jul 3, 8:17 am, Mike Cook <mc...(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
> contrast & brightness.
>
> I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
> When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.
>
> Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
> PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
> against power outages, etc.
>
> Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
> values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
> for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
> page)?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Mike,

You can do this in adobe acrobat pro, note my words its acrobat pro
not reader.

Open your pdf in acrobat pro, goto preference and make it edit in
photoshop and click ok.

Then click on the page and select edit, your file will automatically
be opened in photoshop.

Make your action in photoshop lasting with save and close (remember
when creating save in action don't select the name).

The file will be automatically replaced in pdf.

You can't create a batch for this process as you have to use two
different softwares.

For each page you have to right click and edit it. Thats the best
process you can do.
From: John Stafford on
In article
<01217fce-d2ae-49ad-a9e3-ec844116301a(a)q21g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
Jo <bijomon.varghese(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 3, 8:17�am, Mike Cook <mc...(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
> > contrast & brightness.
> >
> > I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
> > When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.
> >
> > Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
> > PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
> > against power outages, etc.
> >
> > Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
> > values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
> > for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
> > page)?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> You can do this in adobe acrobat pro, note my words its acrobat pro
> not reader.
>
> Open your pdf in acrobat pro, goto preference and make it edit in
> photoshop and click ok.
>
> Then click on the page and select edit, your file will automatically
> be opened in photoshop.
>
> Make your action in photoshop lasting with save and close (remember
> when creating save in action don't select the name).
>
> The file will be automatically replaced in pdf.
>
> You can't create a batch for this process as you have to use two
> different softwares.
>
> For each page you have to right click and edit it. Thats the best
> process you can do.

Or you can open the PDF in Acrobat Pro, and Export all the images as
TIFF, then batch 'em in Photoshop.