From: John_H on
On Apr 27, 8:59 am, Eric <eric.lafor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> You mentioned earlier that you had implemented this at some point in
> the past. Could you tell me more about where you heard about this
> (domain, application, etc...) or did you come up with it yourself? I'm
> just trying to suss out the common origin of the multiple XOR
> suggestions I've received.

This was original development. It started from flag management
between two asynchronous domains. Then it moved to data manipulation
between two async domains. Extending it to larger memories just
flowed.
From: John_H on
On Apr 27, 6:32 pm, John_H <newsgr...(a)johnhandwork.com> wrote:

> This was original development.

A little clarification:
Many things that are "good" but not immediately obvious have already
been done. After I'd been using the technique for async transfers and
talked about it on this newsgroup applied to multiport memories a
couple years back, I found the technique was already used.

Like the rhombic dodecahedron and triacontahedron I "invented" in high
school (the Greeks beat me to it by far) those shapes and the XOR
technique are unique to those who haven't been exposed to them.