From: liquidator on

"McSteve" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "liquidator" wrote:
>> Daughter's band needs a couple of inexpensive direct boxes
>> Any other ideas? Just some stuff for weekend warriors.
>
> I have a couple of Rapco/Horizon STL-1 boxes. Two DIs
> in one box, and it also works as a combiner for situations where
> you have a stereo source but limited channel count.
> Most online sellers have them at $55 USD. That's 27.50 per
> channel with the added functionality of the combiner.
>
> --
> Steve <snip> McQ

I may actually have a use for a couple of those...not sure if they can use
it, the two boxes need to be on opposite sides of the stage...I offered them
a clean used Pro Co DB4A cheap they voiced that objection...

From: Phildo on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Daughter's band needs a couple of inexpensive direct boxes...a friend
> owning a music store deals Whirlwind, I can get those cheap.
>
> I think Mark at Audiopile had some EWI's that were cheap and darned good,
> I remember those a from couple years back, gonna check if he still has
> those...
>
> Any other ideas? Just some stuff for weekend warriors.

The Behringer ones are the best budget DIs out there.

Phildo

From: Michael Dobony on

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Zdirect/