From: Inertial on

"DSeppala" <dseppala(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> The setup

Not again .. you've done this one before with the light flash that didn't
prove SR wrong either

From: Androcles on

"eric gisse" <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Androcles wrote:
>

>> "eric gisse" <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> DSeppala wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip idiocy]
>>>
>> Mission accomplished. Anything else I can snip for you?
>
> Your jugular.

Bigot.

From: DSeppala on
On Jan 5, 5:08 pm, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 6:02 pm, DSeppala <dsepp...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > The setup
> > Let there be two identical electronic circuits on the x-axis.  Let one
> > be positioned at x = -L and the other at x = L.  Each circuit consists
> > of a resistor and capacitor in parallel, and a power supply applying
> > voltage V across the resistor and capacitor.   A wire connects the
> > grounds of the two circuits together, and two identical resistors in
> > series connect the charged side of the two circuits together, with the
> > two series resistors meeting at an ammeter at x = 0.
>
> > The experiment
> > Prior to the start of the experiment, each power supply has reached a
> > steady-state voltage of V, and the ammeter at x=0 reads zero current
> > flow through the two series resistors.  At time t0, observers in a
> > frame moving with velocity along the x-axis, simultaneously (as
> > measured in their frame) disconnect the power supply from both
> > circuits.  As measured in the rest frame of the setup, one power
> > supply was removed from one circuit before the power supply was
> > removed from the other circuit.  This causes the ammeter at x = 0 to
> > read a non-zero value.  The experiment is repeated with the power
> > supply voltages reversed so that current flows in the opposite
> > direction thru the series resistors when the power supplies are
> > sequentially removed.
>
> > How do the moving frame observers explain the ammeter reading a non-
> > zero value when these same observers also measure the difference in
> > voltage across the series resistors to always be zero, and occurring
> > in an identical fashion independent of the direction of current flow
> > when the voltage is reversed in the second experiment?
>
> > Thanks,
> > David Seppala
> > Bastrop, TX
>
> Just as momentum and energy transform into linear combinations of each
> other under Lorentz, so do charge and current densities.  I think that
> may affect your observed outcome.- Hide quoted text -

Didn't see why the magnitude of the current meter reading would be the
same independent of the current direction.
David
From: eric gisse on
DSeppala wrote:

[...]

> Didn't see why the magnitude of the current meter reading would be the
> same independent of the current direction.
> David

David, do you EVER see why? One would think a decade of trying to 'see why'
and failing would suggest something.
From: Androcles on

> DSeppala wrote:
>
> [...]