From: DSeppala on
The setup
Let there be two identical electronic circuits on the x-axis. Let one
be positioned at x = -L and the other at x = L. Each circuit consists
of a resistor and capacitor in parallel, and a power supply applying
voltage V across the resistor and capacitor. A wire connects the
grounds of the two circuits together, and two identical resistors in
series connect the charged side of the two circuits together, with the
two series resistors meeting at an ammeter at x = 0.

The experiment
Prior to the start of the experiment, each power supply has reached a
steady-state voltage of V, and the ammeter at x=0 reads zero current
flow through the two series resistors. At time t0, observers in a
frame moving with velocity along the x-axis, simultaneously (as
measured in their frame) disconnect the power supply from both
circuits. As measured in the rest frame of the setup, one power
supply was removed from one circuit before the power supply was
removed from the other circuit. This causes the ammeter at x = 0 to
read a non-zero value. The experiment is repeated with the power
supply voltages reversed so that current flows in the opposite
direction thru the series resistors when the power supplies are
sequentially removed.

How do the moving frame observers explain the ammeter reading a non-
zero value when these same observers also measure the difference in
voltage across the series resistors to always be zero, and occurring
in an identical fashion independent of the direction of current flow
when the voltage is reversed in the second experiment?

Thanks,
David Seppala
Bastrop, TX
From: eric gisse on
DSeppala wrote:

[snip idiocy]

Right on cue.

"Does the answer matter?

You'll just make a slightly modified scenario and repost in a few days."
From: Igor on
On Jan 5, 6:02 pm, DSeppala <dsepp...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:
> The setup
> Let there be two identical electronic circuits on the x-axis.  Let one
> be positioned at x = -L and the other at x = L.  Each circuit consists
> of a resistor and capacitor in parallel, and a power supply applying
> voltage V across the resistor and capacitor.   A wire connects the
> grounds of the two circuits together, and two identical resistors in
> series connect the charged side of the two circuits together, with the
> two series resistors meeting at an ammeter at x = 0.
>
> The experiment
> Prior to the start of the experiment, each power supply has reached a
> steady-state voltage of V, and the ammeter at x=0 reads zero current
> flow through the two series resistors.  At time t0, observers in a
> frame moving with velocity along the x-axis, simultaneously (as
> measured in their frame) disconnect the power supply from both
> circuits.  As measured in the rest frame of the setup, one power
> supply was removed from one circuit before the power supply was
> removed from the other circuit.  This causes the ammeter at x = 0 to
> read a non-zero value.  The experiment is repeated with the power
> supply voltages reversed so that current flows in the opposite
> direction thru the series resistors when the power supplies are
> sequentially removed.
>
> How do the moving frame observers explain the ammeter reading a non-
> zero value when these same observers also measure the difference in
> voltage across the series resistors to always be zero, and occurring
> in an identical fashion independent of the direction of current flow
> when the voltage is reversed in the second experiment?
>
> Thanks,
> David Seppala
> Bastrop, TX

Just as momentum and energy transform into linear combinations of each
other under Lorentz, so do charge and current densities. I think that
may affect your observed outcome.

From: Androcles on

"eric gisse" <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> DSeppala wrote:
>
> [snip idiocy]

Mission accomplished. Anything else I can snip for you?

From: eric gisse on
Androcles wrote:

> "eric gisse" <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> DSeppala wrote:
>>
>> [snip idiocy]
>>
> Mission accomplished. Anything else I can snip for you?

Your jugular.