From: Charles Phillips on

Hello,
How are you doing today???
I am running MS-Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP3.
Whenever I send an email, I get the error below, but 5-10 minutes later, my
system shows me that the email has been sent.

Even though the system tells me the email has been sent, and a copy of that
email shows up in another email account (backup) of mine, the email is NOT
being displayed in the "Sent" folder.

Why?????

Are there ANY troubleshooting processes I need to be aware of???????
I have tried "Detect and Repair", but getting the same results.
Let me know...

Thank you,

Charles L. Phillips

Outlook Connector Version 12.0.6423.1000

Signed in successfully at 11/8/2009 3:45:56 PM

Mail: Error at 4:44 PM. Last successfully refreshed at 4:37 PM.
Calendar: Last successfully refreshed at 4:44 PM.
Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 4:44 PM.

Errors :

Time: 11/8/2009 3:48:28 PM
Error in Mail
Server request timed out

Time: 11/8/2009 3:50:10 PM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder.

Time: 11/8/2009 3:50:11 PM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder.

Time: 11/8/2009 3:50:11 PM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder.

Time: 11/8/2009 3:50:11 PM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder.

Time: 11/8/2009 4:44:06 PM
Error in Mail
Server request timed out

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Charles Phillips" <tptbusines_2005(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am running MS-Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP3.
> Whenever I send an email, I get the error below, but 5-10 minutes later, my
> system shows me that the email has been sent.
>
> Even though the system tells me the email has been sent, and a copy of that
> email shows up in another email account (backup) of mine, the email is NOT
> being displayed in the "Sent" folder.

What type of account are you using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Charles Phillips on
POP3 (Hotmail)...

Charles L. Phillips

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on

> POP3 (Hotmail)...

POP accounts don't know anything about server-side folders. There is no such
concept in POP. Your local "Sent Items" folder (Outlook doesn't have a "Sent"
folder) will be where they're stored if you've enabled the option to store
them. If you want your sent items to appear in the server-side Sent folder,
then you'll have to use a transport other than POP, which means you'll need
the Outlook Connector.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Charles Phillips on