From: NancyNancy on
I can't seem to find an exact "search phrase" for this problem, so here are
the details. I am using Office/Outlook 2007.

When I open a blank email window to write an email, Outlook automatically is
adding the lower case letter 'b' in the "To:" field. It continues on and on
until the computer beeps and the field cannot hold any more text. I cannot
control it. The only way out is to control-alt-delete and close Outlook.

Also when opening any of the folders in "My Documents" (or any folder), the
window opens and then the computer scrolls through everything in the folder
at warp speed! Again, only way to stop is control-alt-delete.

Any ideas? Or help me put this into a search phrase so I can continue
looking for answers? It does not look like a trojan...as far as I can tell
(and I am pretty good at it) there does not seem to be unknown processes and
I've done a scan with my "Hijack This" and the log looks good and the same as
previous scans. I've also updated this week's security downloads from MS and
rebooted many times.

Thanks for any help! ;-)

Nancy
From: Slipstick on

NancyNancy;146225 Wrote:
> I can't seem to find an exact "search phrase" for this problem, so here
> are
> the details. I am using Office/Outlook 2007.
>
> When I open a blank email window to write an email, Outlook
> automatically is
> adding the lower case letter 'b' in the "To:" field. It continues on
> and on
> until the computer beeps and the field cannot hold any more text. I
> cannot
> control it. The only way out is to control-alt-delete and close
> Outlook.
>
> Also when opening any of the folders in "My Documents" (or any folder),
> the
> window opens and then the computer scrolls through everything in the
> folder
> at warp speed! Again, only way to stop is control-alt-delete.
>
> Any ideas? Or help me put this into a search phrase so I can continue
> looking for answers? It does not look like a trojan...as far as I can
> tell
> (and I am pretty good at it) there does not seem to be unknown
> processes and
> I've done a scan with my "Hijack This" and the log looks good and the
> same as
> previous scans. I've also updated this week's security downloads from
> MS and
> rebooted many times.
>
> Thanks for any help! ;-)
>
> Nancy

Are those the only two times it acts up? Did you try a new keyboard?

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

--
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: dlw on
sounds like stuck keys on the keyboard, can you swap it out?

From: NancyNancy on
I checked. Doesn't seem to be the keyboard. It's a laptop and if/when I can
get the darn thing to quiet down, the keyboard works fine. For example, I
can use the 'b' key to control-B to bold text and then use other keys after
that.

Thanks for the suggestion...

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"NancyNancy" <NancyNancy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Also when opening any of the folders in "My Documents" (or any folder), the
> window opens and then the computer scrolls through everything in the folder
> at warp speed! Again, only way to stop is control-alt-delete.

Clearly if this is true, it's not an Outlok problem and doesn't belong in this
nrewsgroup. You have a hardware problem, probably with the keyboard.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]