From: Matthias Melcher on

Not too many details, but you could check out MicroWindows (an X11
server stripped to the bare minimum) and compile FLTK on top of it. It
has been done multiple times before and seems to work well. There is
even a comercial version of this combination available, but the name
just slipped my brain.

From: Tom Lucas on
"Adib Taraben" <a.taraben(a)st-innovation.com> wrote in message
> Maybe EmbWin from segger company. http://www.segger.de/
>
> In fact I never used it. But it looks what u want Os and controller
> independent.

I'm currently working with emWin and I find it stable and
well-documented. It has nearly all the features I need and it is very
easy to tweak existing ones to your needs. The support is good and fast
and a large number of LCD controllers are supported off the shelf. I
needed a bit of assistance getting up and running in the first place but
I'm pretty dumb and Segger got me going fairly quickly.

It does mostly what C/Peg and Peg++ does so if you consider those
overkill then emWin would be too but it does mean you have got a full
featured GUI ready to go and if you want to use window functions (as you
do) then I don't think it is overkill.

Subjectively, someone posted recently about not finding the C/Peg
manuals helpful. I can't comment on that but I do find emWin's to be
good.

From: Stan Katz on

"Keith" <keith.prickett(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> My system will vary and different systems may contain different Color
> LCDs. I would like a color depth of 24 bits per pixel. I want to draw
> text, buttons, menus, show icons, and display bitmaps. I'm not using
> Linux, but rather, ThreadX.

Keith, if you are using ThreadX have you taken a look at the PegX offering
from Express Logic, I've never used it myself but my experience with their
NetX and FileX products has been good.

Stan Katz

From: typhon62 on

Keith wrote:
> I am on a search for an embedded GUI / Windowing / 2-D system. I would
> like the source code (in ANSI-C) included in addition to basic drawing
> mechanisms (circle, dot, line, rectangle). This needs to be usable on
> an embedded system and easily portable. I've looked at uc/GUI from
> Micrium and C/PEG from Swell Software. They both look sufficient,
> possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does
> anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on
> the two?
>
> Thank you,
> --Keith Prickett

I use EasyGUI. It's cheaper than most of the ones mentioned so far and
support is not too bad. It takes a little to get used to it and it
does have a few quirks, but over all it does what its supposed to do.
It supports most of the major chips and has a semi decent manual.

Good luck!

From: typhon62 on

42Bastian Schick wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2006 12:36:58 -0700, "Keith" <keith.prickett(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does
> >anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on
> >the two?
>
> NexGen (France, commercial) comes to mind.
> --
> 42Bastian
> Do not email to bastian42(a)yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
> Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !

I searched around a bit and could not find NexGen anywhere, do you have
a web link?

Thanks!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4