From: Keith on
I am on a search for an embedded GUI / Windowing / 2-D system. I would
like the source code (in ANSI-C) included in addition to basic drawing
mechanisms (circle, dot, line, rectangle). This needs to be usable on
an embedded system and easily portable. I've looked at uc/GUI from
Micrium and C/PEG from Swell Software. They both look sufficient,
possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does
anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on
the two?

Thank you,
--Keith Prickett

From: Buddy Smith on
Keith <keith.prickett(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on a search for an embedded GUI / Windowing / 2-D system. I would
> like the source code (in ANSI-C) included in addition to basic drawing
> mechanisms (circle, dot, line, rectangle). This needs to be usable on
> an embedded system and easily portable. I've looked at uc/GUI from
> Micrium and C/PEG from Swell Software. They both look sufficient,
> possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does
> anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on
> the two?

I don't think you've defined very well what you want.

An "embedded system" might mean a couple of transistors, or a
supercomputing system connected to an imax projector.

What do you plan to do with it? What kind of screen? What resolution do
you need? How many colors? Is there going to be an OS? Is it Linux?
WinCE? An RTOS?

ttyl,

--buddy
From: Keith on
My system will vary and different systems may contain different Color
LCDs. I would like a color depth of 24 bits per pixel. I want to draw
text, buttons, menus, show icons, and display bitmaps. I'm not using
Linux, but rather, ThreadX.

Thanks!

--Keith

From: 42Bastian Schick on
On 27 Sep 2006 12:36:58 -0700, "Keith" <keith.prickett(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does
>anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on
>the two?

NexGen (France, commercial) comes to mind.
--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42(a)yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
From: Adib Taraben on
Maybe EmbWin from segger company. http://www.segger.de/

In fact I never used it. But it looks what u want Os and controller
independent.

HTH,

Adib.
--

Keith schrieb:
> My system will vary and different systems may contain different Color
> LCDs. I would like a color depth of 24 bits per pixel. I want to draw
> text, buttons, menus, show icons, and display bitmaps. I'm not using
> Linux, but rather, ThreadX.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Keith
>

> Buddy Smith wrote:
>> Keith <keith.prickett(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am on a search for an embedded GUI / Windowing / 2-D system. I would
>>> like the source code (in ANSI-C) included in addition to basic drawing
>>> mechanisms (circle, dot, line, rectangle). This needs to be usable on
>>> an embedded system and easily portable. I've looked at uc/GUI from
>>> Micrium and C/PEG from Swell Software. They both look sufficient,
>>> possibly an overkill, but I am wondering what else is out there. Does
>>> anyone have recommendations on other similar projects or opinions on
>>> the two?
>> I don't think you've defined very well what you want.
>>
>> An "embedded system" might mean a couple of transistors, or a
>> supercomputing system connected to an imax projector.
>>
>> What do you plan to do with it? What kind of screen? What resolution do
>> you need? How many colors? Is there going to be an OS? Is it Linux?
>> WinCE? An RTOS?
>>
>> ttyl,
>>
>> --buddy
>
 |  Next  |  Last