From: gary7 on
On Jun 4, 11:37 am, "." <noth...(a)nothing.com> wrote:
> Thanks sloan, much appreciated.  But we were given a compiled published
> .aspx app which we don't have access to the source code.  Wondering if
> something in the web.config and/or IIS settings?
>
> "sloan" <sl...(a)ipass.net> wrote in message

> > CDONTS is unnecessary to use to send emails under the DotNet framework.
>
> > See downloadable code here:
> >http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry
>
> > Hints:
>
> > 1.1 Framework uses the
> > System.Web.Mail.MailMessage
>
> > 2.0 uses the
>
> > System.Net.Mail.MailMessage
>
> > "." <noth...(a)nothing.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello, currently our W2K server is able to email using CDONTS on an app
> >> via some classic .asp pages.  In running a different .aspx app via .net
> >> on the same webserver would anyone know how to details (web.config, IIS
> >> settings, etc...) in getting this .aspx app to email also?  Thanks in
> >> advance.- Hide quoted text -

This bit of config code interacts with the web server under the .Net
2.0 framework and allows mail to be passed from a form on your website
through an smtp server for delivery:

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp>
<network host="relay-hosting.secureserver.net" port="25"
userName="*****" password="***"/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

If you want to make coding changes beyond this, you will need access
to the "code behind" file of the specific aspx page. There you can
make calls to System.Net.Mail and handle the form controls for your
mail form.

I have a good example if you need one, just let me know.