From: . on
Hello, currently our W2K server is able to email using CDONTS on an app via
some classic .asp pages. In running a different .aspx app via .net on the
same webserver would anyone know how to details (web.config, IIS settings,
etc...) in getting this .aspx app to email also? Thanks in advance.

From: sloan on

CDONTS is unnecessary to use to send emails under the DotNet framework.

See downloadable code here:
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry

Hints:

1.1 Framework uses the
System.Web.Mail.MailMessage

2.0 uses the

System.Net.Mail.MailMessage

From: . on
Thanks sloan, much appreciated. But we were given a compiled published
..aspx app which we don't have access to the source code. Wondering if
something in the web.config and/or IIS settings?

From: sloan on

No idea dude.

Check for .config files for something is the only hint I can give you.

<system.net>

<mailSettings>
<smtp from="your(a)email.com">
<network host="smtp-server.rr.com" password=""
userName="myaccount(a)rr.com" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>

</system.net>

That's typical 2.0. But you don't mention the framework version...so that's
another "I have no idea" issue.

From: . on
We have v2.0.50727 version. Will look at your suggessted and give it a try,
thanks again.