From: Vinod on
Hi to all

Enable software to work in Domain user account.

Software which i have installed in Win xp is

i install software from domain administrator.
1. Office 2003 it's working
2. adobe PDF it's working

Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
account only,
No problem in administrator account (local and domain)

if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
the system.

Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business

Regards,

Vin Win
From: Joe on
On 03/07/10 03:37, Vinod wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> Enable software to work in Domain user account.
>
> Software which i have installed in Win xp is
>
> i install software from domain administrator.
> 1. Office 2003 it's working
> 2. adobe PDF it's working
>
> Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
> account only,
> No problem in administrator account (local and domain)
>
> if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
> the system.
>
> Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
> Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business

Not unusual. The first thing to do is to complain to the software
producers. Ask them what permissions changes need to be made to fix
this. If they won't help, then there are utilities you can use to track
down where the wretched things are trying to write to, but it's not
really your job, it's theirs.

This is incompetence, pure and simple. I've seen software store data in
subdirectories of Program Files, which is insane. Anything which needs
to be written on behalf of a user needs to be written somewhere that
particular *unprivileged* user has write permissions. If users are
allowed to make global configuration changes, a globally writable
location must be used for storage.

It's not rocket science, as the saying goes. The *nix operating systems
have by default a forty-year-old privilege system which is much more
primitive than that of Windows, but any *nix application needing
administrator privileges to run would be laughed out of the market.

I'm not sure how you got Office 2003 in there as working, because that
needs admin privileges on the first run of each program. Not as bad as
needing them all the time, but unforgivable from a company that
supposedly knows something about software. And Adobe Reader needs admin
privileges to update itself, something it seems to need to do every
other week.

--
Joe
From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Maybe some pointers here:

Aaron Margosis' WebLog : Fixing "LUA bugs", Part I
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2006/02/16/533077.aspx

Aaron Margosis' WebLog : Fixing "LUA bugs", Part II
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2006/03/27/562091.aspx

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Vinod" <vkscnr(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all
>
> Enable software to work in Domain user account.
>
> Software which i have installed in Win xp is
>
> i install software from domain administrator.
> 1. Office 2003 it's working
> 2. adobe PDF it's working
>
> Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
> account only,
> No problem in administrator account (local and domain)
>
> if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
> the system.
>
> Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
> Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business
>
> Regards,
>
> Vin Win

Pages: 1
Prev: VPN subnet mask?