From: JohnB on
If I apply all available patches do I still need to install Exchange Sp2
seperatly??

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Yes. SP2 is a service pack, not a security patch.

And I assume this is SBS 2003 and you already have Windows 2003 SP1 or SP2
installed now (along with SBS 2003 SP1).

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

From: JohnB on
It was Sp, updated all patches so now SP2

Bit confused, some of the posts about applying Exchange SP2 go back to 2005!

Is it simply a question of backing up Exchange and applying E3SP2ENG.EXE

not sure there is SBS2003 verison of SP2

Just want to make sure I apply the right version

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Hi John,

Exchange 2003 SP2 was released in late 2005. Vlad had a good write up on
installation of Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS servers.

Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS
(Vladville)
http://www.vladville.com/articles/exchangesp2sbs2003.asp

Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2
(download)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=535bef85-3096-45f8-aa43-60f1f58b3c40&displaylang=en

Yes, back up Exchange. In fact, back up your entire SBS server before
applying any service pack.

Before AND after the install, run a scan on your SBS server with the SBS
2003 BPA and fix any issues it finds:

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices Analyzer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]