From: one_stop on
I got the following response from xda-developers:

There appears to be two scenario's here, and none of them you are going to
like.
If some of your files appear with .menc extension (and all your files are
there), this means they have been encrypted by WM6. The only way to recover
them is with the original device that wrote them.
Please note the following:
if you hard-reset or flash your device you will lose your original code, and
all files will become unreadable.
there is no way (as of yet) to find out the encryption code, or back it up
If you only have EncFiltLog.menc file on your SD card, and all your other
files are missing, it is extremely likely that you have had file corruption
on your SD card and your files have been erased.
Please note the following:
EncFiltLog.menc is a red-herring, it usually exists on all SD cards (I think
it's put there by WMP)
You may find a good program to recover your lost files. Do this soon, and
don't use the SD card before doing this.
I wouldn't rely on this SD card in the future for anything important.
I hope this helps. NB, I have found some good recovery programs for jpeg
files if you're interested. Sorry to be bearer of bad news.

From: one_stop on
I agree, so I too am stumped.

From: one_stop on
I would have to agree with you.