Prev: Movie Maker
Next: No Capture
From: Sunny Grillo on
Hello,

I managed to save my project file as a movie file and have a few
questions/issues:
1. After removing some of the internal filters, I was finally able to save
2 of 3) movie files to my external hard drive. I'm not sure why I'm still
having trouble with one particular file. It is full of transitions, etc. so
I'm going to try and tweak it, but does anyone have suggestions as to why
some but not all would save fine? All audio files should be compatible and
the video is dv.avi format, so I'm at a loss.

2. For the movie files that -were- successfully saved, they for some reason
will not play on my Windows Media Player. They transform into "Creative
Media Source" files. Questions:
a. how can I get them to play (default) to WMP
b. In the "playback" format, can these be edited or are they "final"
versions, i.e. can they be changed to WMM format for further editing?

3. On the playable movie files, some of the music makes crackling and
popping sounds - usually when coupled with transtions, however not always.
The music files play back fine (no crackling) in the WMM format.

4. At the end of my movie files, I inserted several End Credits, about 5-8
at the tail end of my movie, but for some reason on play back, they do not
appear or if they appear, it's just a flicker and then goes to a blank screen.

Thanks in advance for your expert assistance. I look forward to feedback.
Sunny
--
Sunnydu
From: John Inzer on
Sunny Grillo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I managed to save my project file as a movie file and have a few
> questions/issues:
> 1. After removing some of the internal filters, I was finally able
> to save 2 of 3) movie files to my external hard drive. I'm not sure
> why I'm still having trouble with one particular file. It is full of
> transitions, etc. so I'm going to try and tweak it, but does anyone
> have suggestions as to why some but not all would save fine? All
> audio files should be compatible and the video is dv.avi format, so
> I'm at a loss.
>
> 2. For the movie files that -were- successfully saved, they for some
> reason will not play on my Windows Media Player. They transform into
> "Creative Media Source" files. Questions:
> a. how can I get them to play (default) to WMP
> b. In the "playback" format, can these be edited or are they "final"
> versions, i.e. can they be changed to WMM format for further editing?
>
> 3. On the playable movie files, some of the music makes crackling and
> popping sounds - usually when coupled with transtions, however not
> always. The music files play back fine (no crackling) in the WMM
> format.
>
> 4. At the end of my movie files, I inserted several End Credits,
> about 5-8 at the tail end of my movie, but for some reason on play
> back, they do not appear or if they appear, it's just a flicker and
> then goes to a blank screen.
>
> Thanks in advance for your expert assistance. I look forward to
> feedback. Sunny
Large complex projects are prone to causing problems.
If you create several smaller projects and publish/save
each one in the .wmv movie format and save them in a
folder on your hard drive you can then import the collected
clips back into Movie maker and combine into a final Movie.
(info pasted below on saving in the .wmv movie format)

Also...excessive transitions and effects can cause issues.

Many formats are reportedly compatible with Movie Maker
but the most reliable choices are:

Photos - bmp
Video - wmv or dv-avi
(FWIW...there are many types of )
(.avi files and only one is DV-AVI)
Music - wma, wav, wmv

Info on Format Factory:

(FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
Restore point before installing software or updates)

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
(FWIW...you may want to uncheck
all the boxes on the final screen)

After downloading and installing Format Factory...
open the program and choose an Output Folder...
(this is where you will find your files after they are
converted)

Drag/drop your audio/video clips onto the
main screen...

Select 'All to ???' / OK...
(the ??? represents your choice of format)

Click...Start...on the toolbar...

===

To save as a .wmv movie file...
Type...Ctrl+P to open the Save Movie Wizard /
Choose...My Computer /
Next /
Enter a Name and a Save Location /
Next /