From: Andreas Kohlbach on
Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch wrote on 06. August 2010:

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:10:50 +0100, David Murray wrote:
>
>> I had forgotten how poor quality most of these songs were.
> [...]
>> Is it a limitation of the format,
>
> Most definitely not - you're just listening to the wrong SIDs. ;-D

You also *have* to be a SID fan. Like listened to them on your breadbox
in the 80s (game music or demos).

I came across some Atari music files (I forgot what platform) and
listened. Though there might be a lot of people liking them, and they
might even be good, I didn't like them. Simply as I never had an Atari.
--
Andreas
From: Slartibartfast on
On Aug 7, 12:11 pm, Andreas Kohlbach <a...(a)spamfence.net> wrote:
> Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch wrote on 06. August 2010:
>

> > On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:10:50 +0100, David Murray wrote:
>
> >> I had forgotten how poor quality most of these songs were.
> > [...]
> >> Is it a limitation of the format,
>
> > Most definitely not - you're just listening to the wrong SIDs. ;-D
>
> You also *have* to be a SID fan. Like listened to them on your breadbox
> in the 80s (game music or demos).
>
> I came across some Atari music files (I forgot what platform) and
> listened. Though there might be a lot of people liking them, and they
> might even be good, I didn't like them. Simply as I never had an Atari.
> --
> Andreas

Bloody hell, what is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!??! WE CAN PLAY MP3's on
the C64, but YOU WANT TO BUY AN IPAD TO PLAY SIDS?

Cats and dogs, living together....

I'd call the CodeBusters if I were you lot.

Jeez.
From: Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 00:25:35 +0100, iAN CooG wrote:

> Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch <team8martinland(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Most definitely not - you're just listening to the wrong SIDs. ;-D
>> my favourite tunes -> [...]/MUSICIANS/B/Blues_Muz/Gallefoss_Glenn/

> You are confusing .mus files with .sid files.
> This player is for (Enhanced) Sidplayer from Compute Gazette,CGSC .mus files in other words.

Oooops. X-/

I'm sorry, this was no confusion, it was simply a misunderstanding - I didn't follow the links. Tsts...

....lesson learned! ;-D

ML

"I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
(Ford as Dr. Jones Jr. in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark')
From: Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 14:35:41 +0100, Slartibartfast wrote:

> Bloody hell, what is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!??! WE CAN PLAY MP3's on
> the C64, but YOU WANT TO BUY AN IPAD TO PLAY SIDS?
> Cats and dogs, living together....

Haha, that's a good one! 8-D

> I'd call the CodeBusters if I were you lot.
> Jeez.

Cooode... ...busters, I ain't 'fraid of no bugs! ;-D
From: Christian Brandt on
Am 07.08.2010 15:35, schrieb Slartibartfast:

> Bloody hell, what is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!??! WE CAN PLAY MP3's on
> the C64, but YOU WANT TO BUY AN IPAD TO PLAY SIDS?

Commodore products are mental compensation for a wasted youth,

Apple products are mental compensation for a lively inferiority complex.

SCNR ;-)

Christian Brandt
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3