From: DavisGail on
I am working in Microsoft Access 2003. I have a field that the format is set
to medium date. Is there a way to enter the date ddmmmyy without having to
enter the / or -?

From: Klatuu on
Date fields are not formatted. A Date field is a floating point numeric
value where the number of days since (I think) 12/31/1899 is carried as the
date portian, and the time portion is the number of seconds since midnight.
Date formating is only for us human types so we can see if visually the way
we want to see it.

But, to answer your question, you could use an input mask. You can find
details on Input Mask in Help. But, a word of caution. Don't go crazy with
input masks. The are generally a pain in the (insert body part here) and are
more trouble than they are worth, but there are circumstances (Phone Numbers,
Dates, SSN's, etc.) Where the do have value.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP