From: Anita on
<jw(a)eldorado.com> wrote in message

> I have inherited an Epson 3000 Stylus printer in pristine condition.
> It does not want to print in color, just black and white.
> Though the installation disk is specified as only for Window NT and
> before, I did find XP drivers that enable it to be recognized by my XP
> SP3. It connects via LPT1.
>
> I have tried cleaning the print heads to no avail. I am wondering if
> anyone has any experience with this printer and might be able to
> suggest something to make it print color.

Get some ink cratridges with colour ink in them --- the ones you have are
empty.

From: Anita on

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=epson+3000+xp+driver

From: kony on
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:35:05 -0800, "Anita" <me(a)invalid.com>
wrote:

><jw(a)eldorado.com> wrote in message
>
>> I found a corrected address at
>> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/20165-3-arthur-entlich-cleaning-manual
>>
>> namely - e-print-rhelp@------.org
>
>... and I'm sure he'll thank you for all the resultant spam you enabled for
>him by publicly posting his email address --- jerk.

Beating a dead horse at this point?
From: Arthur Entlich on
OK, look, it was an accident on the OP's part. He wasn't aware of the
problem, and he has indicated to me privately that he is sorry, so let's
let this go. I posted the information publicly so others might learn
from it.

We've all made these kind of faux pas.

Thanks for your concern, however.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/