From: Cmaz on
in vb Printer.print will print blank line

what is the command to set
the printer paper "roll back" a few lines to adjust lines every time
a print job is given ,to avoid it done manually each time)

is there any dos commands like char$( ) specifically for this
for doing the opposit of printer.print

I tried custom size paper in server properties (size is 6" height and
8" width)
but its not rolling back.
may be i am not doing it right.

or Epson LQ-300 Dotmatrix doesnt support this?

but i have seen this done on some other printer, but i dont remember
the model.

From: John K.Eason on
In article <1157394674.252928.323460(a)m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
areejan2000(a)yahoo.com (Cmaz) wrote:

> in vb Printer.print will print blank line
>
> what is the command to set
> the printer paper "roll back" a few lines to adjust lines every time
> a print job is given ,to avoid it done manually each time)
>
> is there any dos commands like char$( ) specifically for this
> for doing the opposit of printer.print
>
> I tried custom size paper in server properties (size is 6" height and
> 8" width)
> but its not rolling back.
> may be i am not doing it right.
>
> or Epson LQ-300 Dotmatrix doesnt support this?
>
> but i have seen this done on some other printer, but i dont remember
> the model.

It's a *very* long time since I did any work with dot-matrix printers,
but it looks from the control code list in the appendix (page 93 onward)
of http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/lq300_/lq300_u1.pdf
as if the LQ-300 doesn't actually support reverse paper feed, so I think
you're out of luck.

Regards
John (john(a)jeasonNoSpam.cix.co.uk) Remove the obvious to reply...
From: Jim Y on
Try searching here for the answer. Watch for the line wrap
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/gSearch.jsp?pre_search=pre_search&query=LQ-300&Category=&BV_UseBVCookie=yes

Jim Y

From: Jim Y on
This Epson site tells you where to get the codes - watch the line wrap

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=14311&prodoid=8241&foid=49944&cat=30930&subcat=30935

Jim Y

From: Cmaz on
this is included in the userguide pdf ,came with driver cd

EPSON ESC/P2 control codes
Selecting an EPSON ESC/P2 printer in your software allows you
to use advanced fonts and graphics.
General operation:
ESC @, ESC U, ESC EM

Paper feeding:
FF, LF, ESC 0, ESC 1, ESC 2, ESC 3, ESC +, CR

Page format:
ESC (C, ESC C, ESC C 0, ESC Q, ESC l, ESC (c, ESC N, ESC O

Print position motion:
ESC $, ESC \, ESC (V, ESC (v, ESC D, HT, ESC B, VT, ESC J

?