From: 57368 on
I've recently re-installed VB5 to my computer and I'm now getting this error
when trying to construct a database...

"Run-time error '3445' Incorrect version of DLL File MSJet35.dll was found"

I've used this VB5 for the last ten years without any errors - anyone know
whats causing this error and how to correct it? I downloaded a new copy of
the dll - didn't help. I also tried VB6 and got the same dll error.

Thanks.

From: Desertphile on

57368 wrote:
> I've recently re-installed VB5 to my computer and I'm now getting this error
> when trying to construct a database...
>
> "Run-time error '3445' Incorrect version of DLL File MSJet35.dll was found"
>
> I've used this VB5 for the last ten years without any errors - anyone know
> whats causing this error and how to correct it? I downloaded a new copy of
> the dll - didn't help. I also tried VB6 and got the same dll error.
>
> Thanks.

Alas, I ran into a similar problem this evening. The problem isn't
merely the particular .DLL (MSJet35.dll), but also any files it depends
upon: the versions don't match. At the moment my MSADO drivers are
fucked up due to a similar problem, and damned if I can think of a
simple (or even complex) way to unfuck it. If and when I find out, I'll
post the solution here.

From: 57368 on
I installed the latest service pack (3) for MSJet35.dll from Microsoft
download center and programs and database are working fine now.

Apparently one of my XP updates didn't include the update for the MSjet
file.

Hope this helps.

From: Desertphile on

57368 wrote:
> I installed the latest service pack (3) for MSJet35.dll from Microsoft
> download center and programs and database are working fine now.
>
> Apparently one of my XP updates didn't include the update for the MSjet
> file.
>
> Hope this helps.

Congratulations on your success. :-) Alas, I just tried thesame and it
did not fix the ADO problem I have. Ah, well.

From: Geoff on

> 57368 wrote:
> > I installed the latest service pack (3) for MSJet35.dll from Microsoft
> > download center and programs and database are working fine now.
> >
> > Apparently one of my XP updates didn't include the update for the MSjet
> > file.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
>
> Congratulations on your success. :-) Alas, I just tried thesame and it
> did not fix the ADO problem I have. Ah, well.

You could try running the component checker, it should give you details of
any ADO installation problems
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2