From: Larry B on
I, who save everything, cannot find my original Epson install disc. Due to
reformatting my HD, I have downloaded the Epson Twain Driver and the scanner
works fine. But, I guess I need the Smart Panel software to get the front
buttons (like COPY) to work. Is that a readily available download from
somewhere? Thanks.

From: CSM1 on
"Larry B" <lbblock(a)earthlink.net> wrote in

> I, who save everything, cannot find my original Epson install disc.
> Due to reformatting my HD, I have downloaded the Epson Twain Driver
> and the scanner works fine. But, I guess I need the Smart Panel
> software to get the front buttons (like COPY) to work. Is that a
> readily available download from somewhere? Thanks.

Should be available from the Epson Web site in the download area for your
model scanner.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Larry B on

"CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
> "Larry B" <lbblock(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> I, who save everything, cannot find my original Epson install disc.
>> Due to reformatting my HD, I have downloaded the Epson Twain Driver
>> and the scanner works fine. But, I guess I need the Smart Panel
>> software to get the front buttons (like COPY) to work. Is that a
>> readily available download from somewhere? Thanks.
>>

> Should be available from the Epson Web site in the download area for your
> model scanner.
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I was hoping so but it only has the TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility
v2.65A. I doesn't have the Smart Panel program on the list.

I sent Epson an email about it. Meanwhile, I found some freeware calld
Photocopier 3.05 that does not activate the COPY button but does provide a
copy function shortcut on the desktop. It's basic but gets the job done in
the interim. http://www.nicocuppen.com/pit/editor/page_detail.php?id=10103

Thanks for jumping in and I like your rants on your website!

From: CSM1 on

> "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
>> "Larry B" <lbblock(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
>>
>>> I, who save everything, cannot find my original Epson install disc.
>>> Due to reformatting my HD, I have downloaded the Epson Twain Driver
>>> and the scanner works fine. But, I guess I need the Smart Panel
>>> software to get the front buttons (like COPY) to work. Is that a
>>> readily available download from somewhere? Thanks.
>>>

>> Should be available from the Epson Web site in the download area for
>> your model scanner.
>>
>> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp
>>
>> --
>> CSM1
>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>
> I was hoping so but it only has the TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan
> Utility v2.65A. I doesn't have the Smart Panel program on the list.
>
> I sent Epson an email about it. Meanwhile, I found some freeware calld
> Photocopier 3.05 that does not activate the COPY button but does
> provide a copy function shortcut on the desktop. It's basic but gets
> the job done in the interim.
> http://www.nicocuppen.com/pit/editor/page_detail.php?id=10103
>
> Thanks for jumping in and I like your rants on your website!

Yes, after I posted, I realized than Smart Panel is no longer available
for download from Epson.

You need to find your missing CD.
I am curious, how did reformatting your hard drive cause you to lose the
Epson CD?

There may be some bootleg versions on line.

I find this by searching in Google.
http://epson-smart-panel.software.informer.com/

It may be nothing.

Clicking on the link in the above page takes you to this link.

http://www.newsoftinc.com/free-Download/file-description.asp?recNo=74

Says it is a 30 day free trial. Maybe a way to purchase a registration.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Larry B on

> "Larry B" <lbblock(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
>

>> "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Larry B" <lbblock(a)earthlink.net> wrote in

>>> Should be available from the Epson Web site in the download area for
>>> your model scanner.
>>>
>>> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp
>>>
>>> --
>>> CSM1
>>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>>
>> I was hoping so but it only has the TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan
>> Utility v2.65A. I doesn't have the Smart Panel program on the list.
>>
>> I sent Epson an email about it. Meanwhile, I found some freeware calld
>> Photocopier 3.05 that does not activate the COPY button but does
>> provide a copy function shortcut on the desktop. It's basic but gets
>> the job done in the interim.
>> http://www.nicocuppen.com/pit/editor/page_detail.php?id=10103
>>
>> Thanks for jumping in and I like your rants on your website!
>>

> Yes, after I posted, I realized than Smart Panel is no longer available
> for download from Epson.
>
> You need to find your missing CD.
> I am curious, how did reformatting your hard drive cause you to lose the
> Epson CD?
>

> There may be some bootleg versions on line.
>
> I find this by searching in Google.
> http://epson-smart-panel.software.informer.com/
>
> It may be nothing.
>
> Clicking on the link in the above page takes you to this link.
>
> http://www.newsoftinc.com/free-Download/file-description.asp?recNo=74
>

> Says it is a 30 day free trial. Maybe a way to purchase a registration.

It appears to be $10.

I also found it in the Epson Store for $10 on CD. I wonder if the new Smart
Panels have compatability issues with older scanners like the 2400. I will
be asking a few friends with Epson scanners to borrow their Smart Panel
disc. Might actually work if I can find the program install file on the CD
as I assume that the standard install function looks for the pre-ordained
model number(s) for that disc.

Also, "I am curious, how did reformatting your hard drive cause you to lose
the
> Epson CD?" It still amazes me till this very day!!! I personally think
> that Windows Update is behind it!

Thanks