From: Gordon MacPherson on
Hi,
I have used Color Munki to generate a printer prifile for premium glossy
paper for my Epson R1800. In the printer properties box I can add this
profile to the list. The problem is that when I open the printer preferences
dialogue the new profile does not appear - there is howver a blank space
between "Epson standard" and the next. Does this space represent the
profile - or are there ways of getting it to appear.

Thanks,

Gordon

From: SamSez on
"Gordon MacPherson" <gordon.macpherson(a)path.ox.ac.uk> wrote in

> Hi,
> I have used Color Munki to generate a printer prifile for premium
> glossy paper for my Epson R1800. In the printer properties box I can
> add this profile to the list. The problem is that when I open the
> printer preferences dialogue the new profile does not appear - there
> is howver a blank space between "Epson standard" and the next. Does
> this space represent the profile - or are there ways of getting it to
> appear.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

The profile won't be for the printer -- it will be for the application
you are using to print with -- Photoshop -- Lightroom -- whatever. As
indicated with the colormunki documentation, the printer should have been
set to turn-off color manipulation [both for the profiling process and
for printing from your application with the munki created profile].

From: Lon on
SamSez wrote:
> "Gordon MacPherson" <gordon.macpherson(a)path.ox.ac.uk> wrote in
>
>> Hi,
>> I have used Color Munki to generate a printer prifile for premium
>> glossy paper for my Epson R1800. In the printer properties box I can
>> add this profile to the list. The problem is that when I open the
>> printer preferences dialogue the new profile does not appear - there
>> is howver a blank space between "Epson standard" and the next. Does
>> this space represent the profile - or are there ways of getting it to
>> appear.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gordon
>>

> The profile won't be for the printer -- it will be for the application
> you are using to print with -- Photoshop -- Lightroom -- whatever. As
> indicated with the colormunki documentation, the printer should have been
> set to turn-off color manipulation [both for the profiling process and
> for printing from your application with the munki created profile].

For the OP, where did you put the icm file after you created it?
Where it might help to know your OS, as for Windows it goes in
%windir%\system32\spool\drivers\color where windir is either Windows or
WinNT Thats where Epson puts the multiple [roughly 31] freeware
icm profiles for their papers for the R1800 you can download from
www.epson.com

For XP the Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet makes this very easy.

Whether you use the profile in the printer or in the graphic app depends
on which graphic app you are using. If it can pick up the profile,
Epson recommends turning off ICM in the printer preferences.
From: SamSez on
Lon <lon.stowell(a)comcast.net> wrote in

> SamSez wrote:
>> "Gordon MacPherson" <gordon.macpherson(a)path.ox.ac.uk> wrote in
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have used Color Munki to generate a printer prifile for premium
>>> glossy paper for my Epson R1800. In the printer properties box I can
>>> add this profile to the list. The problem is that when I open the
>>> printer preferences dialogue the new profile does not appear - there
>>> is howver a blank space between "Epson standard" and the next. Does
>>> this space represent the profile - or are there ways of getting it
>>> to appear.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>> The profile won't be for the printer -- it will be for the
>> application you are using to print with -- Photoshop -- Lightroom --
>> whatever. As indicated with the colormunki documentation, the
>> printer should have been set to turn-off color manipulation [both for
>> the profiling process and for printing from your application with the
>> munki created profile].
>>

> For the OP, where did you put the icm file after you created it?
> Where it might help to know your OS, as for Windows it goes in
> %windir%\system32\spool\drivers\color where windir is either Windows
> or
> WinNT Thats where Epson puts the multiple [roughly 31] freeware
> icm profiles for their papers for the R1800 you can download from
> www.epson.com
>
> For XP the Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet makes this very easy.
>
> Whether you use the profile in the printer or in the graphic app
> depends on which graphic app you are using. If it can pick up the
> profile, Epson recommends turning off ICM in the printer preferences.

colormunmki puts the profile where it belongs.
From: Lon on
SamSez wrote:

> colormunmki puts the profile where it belongs.

Oh, well since you know all this, possibly you can fix this by yourself
by the simple task of editing the profile name and content.