From: Moonlight on
Hello,

After a computercrash, im installing everything again.. but my computer
fails when it comes up to installing SP3..
It says ''c:\windowns\system32\drivers\atapi.sys'' is opened, or im using it
for any other application..?
After that, i have to cancel the installation and im getting the error
0x8007054F.

Besides that, b.exe is asking permission to get though my virus controll
when im starting up my computer.. didnt accept it because im not sure what it
is.. maybe it has something to do with this?

Help?!
From: TaurArian on
Moonlight wrote:
:: Hello,
::
:: After a computercrash, im installing everything again.. but my
:: computer fails when it comes up to installing SP3..
:: It says ''c:\windowns\system32\drivers\atapi.sys'' is opened, or im
:: using it for any other application..?
:: After that, i have to cancel the installation and im getting the
:: error 0x8007054F.
::
:: Besides that, b.exe is asking permission to get though my virus
:: controll when im starting up my computer.. didnt accept it because
:: im not sure what it is.. maybe it has something to do with this?
::
:: Help?!

1. 0x8007054F - Error_Internal_Error
Error messages when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "Service
Pack 3 installation did not complete" and "An internal error occurred"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949384

2. b.exe is a virus

Security - Viruses - Newsgroup for assistance - Web client -
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.security.virus&cat=en_us_84942e99-3241-4584-87eb-b55d8ffb3c8c&lang=en&cr=us

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: Ǝиçεl on
First try SUPERAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/malwarefiles/B.EXE.html

SUPERAntiSpyware just put up a Online Safe Scan at
<http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html>
if you cannot install and/or run the current SUPERAntiSpyware product due to
an infection.

I'd format and reinstall XP if I were you, Moonlight.
Clean Install Windows XP
<http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html>

0x8007054F Error_Internal_Error
Article ID: 949384 -
Last Review: May 6, 2008 -
Revision: 4.2
Error messages when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "Service
Pack 3 installation did not complete" and "An internal error occurred"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949384>

Let us know what hªppens.

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-
10/01/09 02:48:05 pm

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Backup your personal data, then do a format & clean install of Windows.
Please note that another Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix
this!

cf. http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a network and before using a USB key that
isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/advanced/xppc.mspx

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3f5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a066ae41add7dd2b

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware