From: Laurence Christianson on
This is becoming a real PIA! I can be using Outlook for hours or only minutes and get this error. When I shut the program down and re-start it, it again works for hrs or minutes. Nothing I do seems to make a difference one way or another. Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks,
Larry

Outlook 2000 SP-3
Ver. 9.0.0.8954
Webmail Accounts
Google
Yahoo Mail Plus (default)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Kathleen Orland on
Are you using a Linksys router?

Linksys routers have a history of problems with mail, usually fixed by an
adjustment to MTU:

Linksys: Support Pages:
http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=87

In addition, if the above does not apply do you have your antivirus
application configured to integrate with Outlook, actively scanning
incoming/outgoing email? This is not required:

Turn off the email scanning feature or disable the email scanning service.
With some antivirus software, you may have to uninstall and reinstall,
omitting/skipping the AV integration with Outlook.

If you're sending/receiving too frequently (never less than 5 minute
intervals, 10 minutes is better), this can be an issue as well especially if
AV integrates with Outlook.

If you start Outlook in safe mode, does this behaviour continue?

Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe
(note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

Vista/Windows 7: Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe
(same space)

From: Laurence Christianson on
korland[1
> In addition, if the above does not apply do you have your antivirus application configured to integrate with Outlook, actively scanning incoming/outgoing email? This is not required:

Thanks korland, I think you hit the nail on the head. I've removed the active scanner and will see what happens. If you don't hear from me again then you know you Da Man! lol
Thanks Again.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Laurence Christianson on
korland[1
> If you start Outlook in safe mode, does this behavior continue? [/url]

korland, I disabled the virus check and also ran it in safe mode per your instructions and I'm still having the same problem. Have anything else up your sleeve?
Thanks,
Larry
.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Kathleen Orland on
You may have to uninstall antivirus and then reinstall it, omitting the part
that integrates with Outlook. What antivirus are you using?