From: New2Access on
I'm new to using Visual Studio (2005) with VB and I've recently taken over a
project started by someone else. The basic process is to retrieve a file
from an ftp server, load the data into SQL Server (2005) tables, summarize
the data - creating a new file to put on the mainframe. There are steps
included that print reports as well. The problem is an error I get for each
field when attempting to upload the data into the db tables.

This is the error: Error 30366: 'Public Property BatchAgency() As String'
and 'Public WriteOnly Property BatchAgency() As String' cannot overload each
other because they differ only by 'ReadOnly' or 'WriteOnly'.

I'm confused b/c none of the fields are set up as 'ReadOnly'. I've checked
the Input & Output Columns and everything seems to be ok there.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 09.04.2010 21:06, schrieb New2Access:
> I'm new to using Visual Studio (2005) with VB and I've recently taken over a
> project started by someone else. The basic process is to retrieve a file
> from an ftp server, load the data into SQL Server (2005) tables, summarize
> the data - creating a new file to put on the mainframe. There are steps
> included that print reports as well. The problem is an error I get for each
> field when attempting to upload the data into the db tables.
>
> This is the error: Error 30366: 'Public Property BatchAgency() As String'
> and 'Public WriteOnly Property BatchAgency() As String' cannot overload each
> other because they differ only by 'ReadOnly' or 'WriteOnly'.
>
> I'm confused b/c none of the fields are set up as 'ReadOnly'. I've checked
> the Input & Output Columns and everything seems to be ok there.
>
> Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

If you don't see it in your code, how could we? I mean, the error message
tells you the problem. If you consider the message being wrong, it must
be a compiler bug. In that case, to find out the - maybe real - cause, you
can only try to reduce the code in a copy of the project til the error message
is gone.

--
Armin