From: Schmidt on

"Mike Williams" <mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

sigh... men and their proud (myself included of course) ...<g>

Aside from "WhiskyAndCoke" - here's something that always
works for me (to forget frustrating discussions): :-)
http://www.manhattanrecords.com/raulplayer/player.html
(He's a genious - if possible, use earphones to get all the details,
go directly to 'watch live videos' in the BottomLeft corner - one
has to see, *how* he's playing "all that jazz"...)

Olaf

From: Mike D Sutton on
> here's something that always
> works for me (to forget frustrating discussions): :-)
> http://www.manhattanrecords.com/raulplayer/player.html
> (He's a genious - if possible, use earphones to get all the details,
> go directly to 'watch live videos' in the BottomLeft corner - one
> has to see, *how* he's playing "all that jazz"...)

Wow, what an amazing musician!
Thanks for the link.

Mike

- Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
E-Mail: EDais(a)mvps.org
WWW: Http://EDais.mvps.org/

From: Stefan Berglund on
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:28:04 +0200, "Schmidt" <sss(a)online.de> wrote:
in <e1X3rgQ0GHA.2516(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>

>"Mike Williams" <mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>sigh... men and their proud (myself included of course) ...<g>
>
>Aside from "WhiskyAndCoke" - here's something that always
>works for me (to forget frustrating discussions): :-)
>http://www.manhattanrecords.com/raulplayer/player.html
>(He's a genious - if possible, use earphones to get all the details,
>go directly to 'watch live videos' in the BottomLeft corner - one
>has to see, *how* he's playing "all that jazz"...)
>
>Olaf

Olaf-

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

This cat is awesome. Strange how he even moves his head like Stevie
Wonder. What a phenomenal style.

If you're interested in great performance here's a video of one of my
favorite classical pieces - Canon In D by Johann Pachelbel. I can
literally bring myself to tears playing this piece on the piano but this
rock guitar player gets outside and does a great job over a simple drum
and strings track. Great touch and feel and infinitely smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

---
Stefan Berglund
From: Schmidt on

"Stefan Berglund" <sorry.no.koolaid(a)for.me> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> What a phenomenal style.
In the meantime he's bringing the trumpet-parts in two-voices.
(this "new style" can be heard in the songs-section)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8
Yea, not bad for his age - fast fingers, timing could be
somewhat better (but I'm far from playing that good).

To see (and hear) perfect playing on both - Rock- and Acoustic-Guitar,
you should definitely get John Mayers "Every Given Thursday"
http://www.amazon.com/Any-Given-Thursday-John-Mayer/dp/B000083GLC/
(best "Live-DVD" I ever bought)

Olaf

hmm... could it be, that we get somewhat off-topic in the meantime?...;)

From: Schmidt on

"Mike D Sutton" <EDais(a)mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > http://www.manhattanrecords.com/raulplayer/player.html

> Wow, what an amazing musician!
Yep - he's unbelievable; and dangerous - my first thought as I saw
him the very first time on german tv, was to sell my guitar and give
up... ;-)

Olaf