From: cowasocky on
I haven't gotten any automatic updates since Nov. 09. I get this error code
when I try to go in and check for myself for new updates. I see LOTS of
others here too that have had same problem. Some are talking about Norton but
I use AVG Internet Security and have no idea what your answer would be for
me? Why all of a sudden are we having problems?
From: TaurArian on
cowasocky wrote:
:: I haven't gotten any automatic updates since Nov. 09. I get this
:: error code when I try to go in and check for myself for new updates.
:: I see LOTS of others here too that have had same problem. Some are
:: talking about Norton but I use AVG Internet Security and have no
:: idea what your answer would be for me? Why all of a sudden are we
:: having problems?

Yep lots have talked about it and lots have received responses about their
problems. Ya know, lots even advised readers what their operating system is
etc.

Presumably you're read:

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

and most likely have read also -

There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware
program, web accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy
server is interfering with the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing
the Internet.

Suggest adding the Windows Update website addresses to exceptions/allow list
http://*.update.microsoft.com
https://*.update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

If that hasn't help, check that the Windows Update Service can connect to
the Internet through port 80 and port 443.

You may need to refer to the individual programs documentation for further
instructions.

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD
error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=32&ln=en&IsMu=False

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: Ǝиçεl on
OT

Is good to see you K

Have a Happy New Year 2010
-=-

From: TaurArian on
Hello ??�?l

When are you going to join us at :
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
Hope you are having a great New Year.

Kaylene

??�?l wrote:
:: OT
::
:: Is good to see you K
::
:: Have a Happy New Year 2010
:: -=-
::
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
:::

From: Alan with an Eh on
Open up a command prompt (you must Run as Administrator - type in the search
bar Command Prompt, right click the resulting Command Prompt line to Run as
Administrator and enter a password as required). Enter the following command:

netsh winhttp reset proxy

Enjoy. Occasionally the proxies change in background to localhost. You need
to reset this to direct otherwise nothing else connects except I.E.

Alan.
Amateur at Best, Master of Nothing.