From: Giin-Yang on
Error Code 0x80070663

When trying to install updates or get them updated automatically I get a
failure for three specific updates all with the same Error Code (Ox80070663).
I'm running XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office 2007.

Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.
--
Dan wu

Ton wrote:

Error Code 0x80070663
21-Aug-08

When trying to install updates or get them updated automatically I get a
failure for three specific updates all with the same Error Code (Ox80070663).
I'm running XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office 2007.

Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.
--
Tony

On Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:50 AM
Ton wrote:

Error Code 0x80070663
When trying to install updates or get them updated automatically I get a
failure for three specific updates all with the same Error Code (Ox80070663).
I'm running XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office 2007.

Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.
--
Tony

On Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:15 AM
A wrote:

I am having issues also--the error code I get is similar--80070643--and I have
I am having issues also--the error code I get is similar--80070643--and I
have gone to the knowledge base and tried all suggestions--but nothing works.
This is the first time I have ever had issues with updates--I have Vista,
but that should not make a difference.

"Tony" wrote:

On Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:15 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Error message when you try to install some of the Office 2003 or Office XP
Error message when you try to install some of the Office 2003 or Office XP
updates: "No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=913754

[Think your Registry needs "cleaning" or "repairing"? Read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ef583104-e507-491d-b05f-49faac8854c8/wpf-binding-beyond-the-li.aspx
From: MowGreen on
> Giin-Yang Wu wrote:
>> Error Code 0x80070663
>>
>> When trying to install updates or get them updated automatically I get a
>> failure for three specific updates all with the same Error Code (Ox80070663).
>> I'm running XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office 2007.
>>
>> Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Dan wu

0x80070663 ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED
This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package
exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to
verify that this is a valid Windows Installer update package.

There's a possibility that the updating components have been corrupted,
or the security software is interfering with the download of the
updates, or there is malware present.

Have you tried to manually download, *save*, and then install any updates ?

Microsoft Download Center
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?

Go to the above site and enter the KB number of any offered updates.
Save the downloads and then try to install them manually.

***IF NO UPDATES are being offered*** then either the updating
components have been corrupted by incompatible security software or by
malware.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten