From: Mitch on
I've been trying to install the Office XP Service Pack 3 for the last several
days, yet every time it gives me the same error message and fails to complete
the installation. The message says:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the
installation package 'PRO.MSI' in the box below."

I wasn't able to locate that file anywhere. I tried to install it from both
the windows update tool and the microsoft update site, but neither worked. I
was able to install the security updates from the microsoft update site, but
it didn't stop the error message for Office Xp SP3.

Does anyone know what is happening and how I might fix it so that Windows
update will stop asking me to update every few minutes?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Tip: Insert your Office CD into the appropriate drive bay before the next
installation attempt.

Description of the update for Office 2003 (December 9, 2008)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949074

You cannot install an Office 2003 service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884298

From: OK on