From: Bryan on
I recently ran into an issue trying to map network drives on my small home
network. Generally when I want to attack to a shared drive on another PC I
use the Add a network place wizard. This morning when I tried to add a share
folder I clicked the "browse" button and I had the following error messages
returned

an exception occurred while trying to run "netplwiz.dll,AddNetPlaceRunDll"

I am no longer able to map drives from this PC by IP address \\x.x.x.x\share
or by name \\host\share with out using the browse functionality. I have
confirmed that I am able to attach to shares on the computer experiencing the
problem but I can no longer map by name, it's only by IP address.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?