From: Dave Patrick on
These two may have helped.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314067/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Dave Patrick on
I would vae removed the hardware then to display hidden devices, non-Plug
and Play devices, and devices not attached to the computer (commonly known
as "ghosted" or "phantom" devices)

Save the following two lines as a file then execute.

--------------------------setdev.bat---------------------
set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
start devmgmt.msc

Then, View|Show Hidden Devices to remove or reconfigure these devices. Do
not edit the registry.

From: Jack (MVP-Networking). on
Hi

First read this, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost

Uninstall any thing related to this specific NIC in the Device Manager, take
the NIC out (or disable it if it is onboard) and boot one time without an
NIC.

Switch Off, re-insert the NIC (if it is PCI try another slot), make sure
that you have the recent drivers and try to install.

Does Not work? Get a New NIC they go for $5-$10 and there is reason to lose
sleep over it.

Jack (MVP-Networking).