From: AGAdExec on
I can receive emails, but when I send them, I get an "undeliverable"
message...it says, "Send test e-mail message: An unknown error occurred,
error code: 0x80040607"
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"AGAdExec" <AGAdExec(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I can receive emails, but when I send them, I get an "undeliverable"
> message...it says, "Send test e-mail message: An unknown error occurred,
> error code: 0x80040607"

Are you properly authenticating to the outgoing server? Have you verified
with your mail carrier that the outgoing server settings are correct?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: David Probett on
Hi Brian,

Regrettably yes.

It is weird. Mailwasher Pro can easily scan the e-mails on the
mailserver to ascertain as to whether it thinks they are spam or not.

Forte's Agent happily downloads the e-mails and deletes them from the
server (that's my setting of choice!).

It's just Outlook 2007 - which until last week, worked perfectly.

Was there a MS Update at the end of the week that might have triggered
this or was my PC's power-down responsible?

I just wonder and hope that I will be able to find a solution to the
problem.

Regards - David

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:31:55 -0500, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>"AGAdExec" <AGAdExec(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I can receive emails, but when I send them, I get an "undeliverable"
>> message...it says, "Send test e-mail message: An unknown error occurred,
>> error code: 0x80040607"
>
>Are you properly authenticating to the outgoing server? Have you verified
>with your mail carrier that the outgoing server settings are correct?
David Probett
07956 257926 or 01293 532349
E-mail: davidprobett(a)pobox.com