From: jutysenilglopphgbvcd on
I am workng with a menumaker program (xaramenu maker) and I am getting the
following DW8 error message. Can anyone tell me what this error is and how I
fix ? It is preventing the menu from displaying upon upload.

Thanks

ERROR MESSAGE:
While executing inspectSelection in XMMDwExPiLocked.htm, the following
JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 51 of file?C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver
8\Configuration\Inspectors\_pi_common.js?.
TypeError:parentObj has no properties

When I got to the above mentioned file this is what appears on line 51.

if (parentObj[objName] != null)

From: Murray *ACE* on
According to my translation table that error message means -

"PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CRAPPY MENUS!"

Seriously, we don't like Xara much - it has been shown to be inaccessible
and non-search engine friendly in the past (don't know how it is now).

But -

Troubleshooting JavaScript errors in Dreamweaver
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19105#dat

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert