From: hfeurstein on
I am so glad you are out there - this is the most responsive forum I have ever
experienced:)

Essentially I am trying to upload my site from my hard disk to the ftp server
using DW.

Each time I make an attempt, it will copy a few files and then I will get the
error message as described in my initial posting. First I thought that it had
to do with my file and I deleted an entire folder from my hard disk. Upon my
next attempt to upload, the same error message occurred with a different
folder. And each time I attempt to upload the same thing will happen with "a"
folder...

In the last two hours while having this correspondence, I have switched to
FireFTP - a free FTP by Mozilla and the entire site is uploading swiftly and
without any error messages - I am only half way through but the three folders
that have given me errors in DW have already been uploaded successfully.

From: Murray *ACE* on
Does your FTP hang on all sites? Or this this the only one? How many sites
do you have? Does it hang with all folders or only these specific ones?
What happens if you create a new folder in the site and try to upload that?

Such curious FTP problems in DW are almost ALWAYS the result of an
interference from your local firewall - are you running one?

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

From: hfeurstein on
To be honest, I don't know if I am running a firewall, I used to be a PC user
but got so fed up with stupid windows software, viruses, constant need for
updates etc. that I bought an iMac and I can only assume that it is running
some kind of firewall. Anyhow, I can confirm that meanwhile the FireFTP has
completed the upload without any flaw, hence I might no longer need DW. Sounds
as though the investment might not be entirely worth it for a novice like me
who really is not a developer and only needs to use it for basic tasks...; pity
though, I love the sync feature of the ftp and would love to continue using it.
However, sounds as though there are some flaws in the software package that
need to be ironed out.

Having said all of that, I really do appreciate your help and most of all
responsiveness, which is not easy to find nowadays. I'll take any additional
advise you might have and once again thank you for our kind support.

Best regards, Harald

From: Murray *ACE* on
You may find it of value to stick with DW's FTP. Having the ability to
up/download dependent files is nice, as are other special features (select
newer, select recently modified, etc.).

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

> To be honest, I don't know if I am running a firewall, I used to be a PC
> user
> but got so fed up with stupid windows software, viruses, constant need for
> updates etc. that I bought an iMac and I can only assume that it is
> running
> some kind of firewall. Anyhow, I can confirm that meanwhile the FireFTP
> has
> completed the upload without any flaw, hence I might no longer need DW.
> Sounds
> as though the investment might not be entirely worth it for a novice like
> me
> who really is not a developer and only needs to use it for basic tasks...;
> pity
> though, I love the sync feature of the ftp and would love to continue
> using it.
> However, sounds as though there are some flaws in the software package
> that
> need to be ironed out.
>
> Having said all of that, I really do appreciate your help and most of all
> responsiveness, which is not easy to find nowadays. I'll take any
> additional
> advise you might have and once again thank you for our kind support.
>
> Best regards, Harald

Pages: 1
Prev: Unable To Create Remote Folder
Next: Error Message