From: wsedrfv on
Can anyone help?

I have already replaced the options.xml file, which did not help.

Virtual PC no longer runs on my PC. Instead of starting up, I get the
error message "Virtual PC cannot find MSXML 6. Please reinstalled
Virtual PC or install MSXML 6 and try again.".

Virtual PC 2007 ran properly on this PC for many months, until a few
days ago.
Virtual PC 2007 runs correctly on this PC for other profiles (other
user accounts on this PC).
I have removed and replaced the options.xml file (/users/{thisuser}/
AppData/Microsoft/Virtual PC).
I have removed all existing .vmc and .vhc files.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Virtual PC 2007.
I have downloaded and re-installed/re-registered MSXML 6 (both 32-bit
and 64-bit).

Details about the environment:
The PC is running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, fully patched.
Norton Internet Security 2007 is fully turned OFF (and killed using
the task manager).
There is no other anti-virus software and all non-essential programs
are not running.

Still, no joy.
Help, anyone?
From: wsedrfv on
More info:

An Administrator can still run Virtual PC OK, it is standard users
that cannot.

I have checked permissions on all the directories VPC uses (that I
know about), and the standard user has 'full control' on all:
/users/{thisuser}/AppData/Microsoft/VirtualPC
/users/{thisuser}/Documents/My Virtual Machines

I changed the program directory (/program files (X86)/Microsoft
Virtual PC) and added full control for the user.

Still does not work, unless I select "Run as Administrator".
Any ideas?

From: librariandanyi on
On Dec 6, 7:26 am, wsed...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone help?
>
> I have already replaced the options.xml file, which did not help.
>
> Virtual PC no longer runs on my PC. Instead of starting up, I get the
> error message "Virtual PC cannot find MSXML 6. Please reinstalled
> Virtual PC or install MSXML 6 and try again.".
>
> Virtual PC 2007 ran properly on this PC for many months, until a few
> days ago.
> Virtual PC 2007 runs correctly on this PC for other profiles (other
> user accounts on this PC).
> I have removed and replaced the options.xml file (/users/{thisuser}/
> AppData/Microsoft/Virtual PC).
> I have removed all existing .vmc and .vhc files.
> I have uninstalled and re-installed Virtual PC 2007.
> I have downloaded and re-installed/re-registered MSXML 6 (both 32-bit
> and 64-bit).
>
> Details about the environment:
> The PC is running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, fully patched.
> Norton Internet Security 2007 is fully turned OFF (and killed using
> the task manager).
> There is no other anti-virus software and all non-essential programs
> are not running.
>
> Still, no joy.
> Help, anyone?

Try to install RealPlayer.
From: The CyberKnight on
Hi,

I had the exact same problem. After investigating it, I managed to resolve
it by removing the KB933579 update. This is an update for MSXML6 that was
pushed in 2007.

I haven't spent more time investigating the issue but it could be a
regression with this fix. I'll post if I get additional information.

Hope this helps.