From: B.J. on
I have used Eudora 7 on my old Windows XP computer and went over to a
new Windows Vista. Eudora worked well on XP but doesn't like the new
Vista. I get a lot of varnings with "Error accessing file such as:

.....local\Temp\eudE7C7.tmp
.....local\Temp\eudEFF5.tmp
.....local\Temp\eud9F1A.tmp
.....local\Temp\eud8AB2.tmp

and then every five second

Error accessing file
....local\Temp\LinkHistory.tmp

The fact is that all these files exist in the right place. Something
does not give them access. I am not the brightest on computers but al
least I know somthing is wrong. Can anyone help?

B.J
From: Han on
"B.J." <bert.jacobson(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:ftvbrj$vu9$1
@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi:

> I have used Eudora 7 on my old Windows XP computer and went over to a
> new Windows Vista. Eudora worked well on XP but doesn't like the new
> Vista. I get a lot of varnings with "Error accessing file such as:
>
> ....local\Temp\eudE7C7.tmp
> ....local\Temp\eudEFF5.tmp
> ....local\Temp\eud9F1A.tmp
> ....local\Temp\eud8AB2.tmp
>
> and then every five second
>
> Error accessing file
> ...local\Temp\LinkHistory.tmp
>
> The fact is that all these files exist in the right place. Something
> does not give them access. I am not the brightest on computers but al
> least I know somthing is wrong. Can anyone help?
>
> B.J

You managed to put the right files in the wrong location. Vista limits
access to those locations. You get around that by running Eudora as
administrator. Somewhere it should say how to do that, possibly in the
shortcut to Eudora.

--
Best regards
Han
From: B.J. on
Han skrev:
> "B.J." <bert.jacobson(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:ftvbrj$vu9$1
> @nyytiset.pp.htv.fi:
>
>> I have used Eudora 7 on my old Windows XP computer and went over to a
>> new Windows Vista. Eudora worked well on XP but doesn't like the new
>> Vista.

> You managed to put the right files in the wrong location. Vista limits
> access to those locations. You get around that by running Eudora as
> administrator. Somewhere it should say how to do that, possibly in the
> shortcut to Eudora.

There it was. What a simple thing if you know how to do it!
Thanks a lot!

Pages: 1
Prev: Google's SMTP server
Next: Embedded Attachments