From: Jeem on

I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 in Paid Mode under Windows XP w/SP3. The
problem I'm getting is when I receive an email with embedded
attachments, I try to forward these emails to other people. If the
attachments are embedded, I get an error message from Eudora stating
"Could not open the attachment file C:\Eudora Pro
7.1\Embedded\e04228.1\Embedded\Fw Fwd" then I have to press the OK
button below. Is there a way to forward emails with embedded
attachments???
From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 19:20:13 -0500, Jeem wrote:

> I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 in Paid Mode under Windows XP w/SP3.
> The problem I'm getting is when I receive an email with embedded
> attachments, I try to forward these emails to other people.
> If the attachments are embedded, I get an error message from Eudora
> stating "Could not open the attachment file C:\Eudora Pro
> 7.1\Embedded\e04228.1\Embedded\Fw Fwd"

> Is there a way to forward emails with embedded attachments???

An "embedded" attachment is an attachment meant to be viewed
within the body of the message, rather than opened separately.

Can you view what you are attempting to forward,
as you are reading the original message which you are about to forward?

According to numerous reports, there is usually no problem
forwarding embedded pictures, etc., except that some people
do not see the pictures they are forwarding
(although the recipients to whom it's forwarded do).

Why, in the above path that you are quoting,
does the path include TWO folders named "Embedded"?

Is "e04228.1" a folder? A file?

What sort of object is that, whose file name seems to have
no extension (like ".jpg" etc)? -- in fact, the last part
of the quoted path looks to me more like part of a message "Subject"!

What is the entire path following the word "Data:"
in your "Help" | "About Eudora" display?

From: Jeem on
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:27:03 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 19:20:13 -0500, Jeem wrote:
>
>> I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 in Paid Mode under Windows XP w/SP3.
>> The problem I'm getting is when I receive an email with embedded
>> attachments, I try to forward these emails to other people.
>> If the attachments are embedded, I get an error message from Eudora
>> stating "Could not open the attachment file C:\Eudora Pro
>> 7.1\Embedded\e04228.1\Embedded\Fw Fwd"
>
>> Is there a way to forward emails with embedded attachments???
>
>An "embedded" attachment is an attachment meant to be viewed
>within the body of the message, rather than opened separately.
>
>Can you view what you are attempting to forward,
>as you are reading the original message which you are about to forward?

Yes, I can see the images with no problem while reading the email. But
I have never checked to see if the images are there after pressing the
"forward" button.

>According to numerous reports, there is usually no problem
>forwarding embedded pictures, etc., except that some people
>do not see the pictures they are forwarding
>(although the recipients to whom it's forwarded do).
>
>Why, in the above path that you are quoting,
>does the path include TWO folders named "Embedded"?

That is a very good question. It's one that I cannot answer. I did a
Windows search for "embedded" and only got 1 folder named "embedded".
Why "embedded" is in the error message twice, I do not know.

>Is "e04228.1" a folder? A file?

e04228.1 is a file. AFTER not being able to forward the email, I
emptied out the embedded folder.

>What sort of object is that, whose file name seems to have
>no extension (like ".jpg" etc)?

The images are just pictures. After I click on the OK button after
getting the error message above, I get the same error message, but
with a different file name than the one above (e04228.1). So if I had
4 embedded images, I would get 4 error messages, each with a different
file name. I can give you more information after I receive another
email with embedded images.

-- in fact, the last part
>of the quoted path looks to me more like part of a message "Subject"!

It is the subject. You are right.

>What is the entire path following the word "Data:"
>in your "Help" | "About Eudora" display?

The path reads: Data: C:\Eudora Pro 7.1 Below that it reads:
Application: C:\Eudora Pro 7.1 (both are the same).

From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 17:16:23 -0500, Jeem wrote:

> I can give you more information
> after I receive another email with embedded images.

Right, since you have deleted previous embedded images,
but an old song (below) reminds us that one can always
"sit right down, and write myself a letter" (or email),
into which you can embed your own images,
which you can then receive and forward again to yourself :)

I'd suggest to ensure that your "subject" isn't blank.

It's also always possible to re-embed any file(s)
that are still in your "Embedded" folder,
or anywhere on your computer,
as long as the message being forwarded by you remains unsent,
enabling recovery from any such fluke occurrence.

"Redirect" and "Send Again" ("Message" menu)
are other alternatives to "Forward,"
and sometimes behave a bit differently.

---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Gonna_Sit_Right_Down_and_Write_Myself_a_Letter
http://www.theguitarguy.com/imgonnas.htm
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/youvegotmail/imgonnasitrightdownandwritemyselfaletter.htm

..
From: Spike on
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:27:03 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 19:20:13 -0500, Jeem wrote:
>
>> I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 in Paid Mode under Windows XP w/SP3.
>> The problem I'm getting is when I receive an email with embedded
>> attachments, I try to forward these emails to other people.
>> If the attachments are embedded, I get an error message from Eudora
>> stating "Could not open the attachment file C:\Eudora Pro
>> 7.1\Embedded\e04228.1\Embedded\Fw Fwd"
>
>> Is there a way to forward emails with embedded attachments???
>
>An "embedded" attachment is an attachment meant to be viewed
>within the body of the message, rather than opened separately.
>
>Can you view what you are attempting to forward,
>as you are reading the original message which you are about to forward?
>
>According to numerous reports, there is usually no problem
>forwarding embedded pictures, etc., except that some people
>do not see the pictures they are forwarding
>(although the recipients to whom it's forwarded do).
>
>Why, in the above path that you are quoting,
>does the path include TWO folders named "Embedded"?
>
>Is "e04228.1" a folder? A file?
>
>What sort of object is that, whose file name seems to have
>no extension (like ".jpg" etc)? -- in fact, the last part
>of the quoted path looks to me more like part of a message "Subject"!
>
>What is the entire path following the word "Data:"
>in your "Help" | "About Eudora" display?

Quite often, someone sends me an embedded graphic. When I open the
email, the graphic doesn't appear. However, as soon as I hit Reply or
Forward, they show in the new window. When I hit Send, they go out
fine.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Error accessing file