From: Melvin Ray Holt, Sr. on
My laptop a Dell Latituede C600 running Win XP Pro SP2 fails to boot with
the following error code: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0x0000026c {0x00000000 0x00000000},
The system has been shut down.
I tried booting in safe mode and the same thing happened. I even tried
booting with knoppix. Both in safe mode and with knoppix I get the windows
logo screen or the Linix logo screen. Then I get the error message. With
Knoppix I get into a continual loop of errors. Can someone help. Thanks,
Ray Holt
From: Rock on
"Melvin Ray Holt, Sr." wrote

> My laptop a Dell Latituede C600 running Win XP Pro SP2 fails to boot with
> the following error code: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
> The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly
> with a status of 0x0000026c {0x00000000 0x00000000},
> The system has been shut down.
> I tried booting in safe mode and the same thing happened. I even tried
> booting with knoppix. Both in safe mode and with knoppix I get the
> windows
> logo screen or the Linix logo screen. Then I get the error message. With
> Knoppix I get into a continual loop of errors. Can someone help. Thanks,

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

From: Gerry Cornell on
Melvin

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: usasma on
The STOP: c000021a error is basically a Windows security error. So, if your
system also has problems with Knoppix - this would seem to be a hardware
issue. Have you tried running any diagnostic software such as the hard drive
manufacturer's tools (on a boot disk) or a bootable memory tester?

- John

From: Melvin Ray Holt, Sr. on
My son gave me the computer, installed XPpro and says he can't find the
installation cd as he just moved. Since I can't boot even in safe mode, is
there a way I can get a bootable disk so I can repair the problem. Thanks,