From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:52:01 -0800, KARL DEWEY
<KARLDEWEY(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Maybe it is not null but a zero lenght string.
>Use this --
>Expr1: IIf([Measurements]=Null OR [Measurements]="","The damage is not such
>that it has a measurement height.","The height of the damage is " &
>[Measurements] & " inches.")

Can I offer you a cup of my excellent Costa Rican coffee, Karl? <g>

Bob's right - the problem is the =Null expression. It will never be TRUE (in
fact any expression X=NULL will always be NULL, and treated as if it were
FALSE).

A safe and (surprisingly to me) fast expression is

IIf(Len([Measurements] & "") = 0, ...

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]