From: TW on
Hi,

I am using VO2.7B and MySQL 5.1. I have some problem in using MySQL
and hope that someone can help me about it. I downloaded the ODBC
drive of MySQL 5.1 in www.MySQL.com and the configuration and
installation works fine.

I wrote coding as follows:

LOCAL oConn AS SQLConnection
LOCAL oSelect AS SQLSelect

oConn := SQLConnection{ "MySQL", "root", "password" }
oSelect := SQLSelect{ "SELECT * FROM SQL_TABLE", oConn }

oSelect:GoTop()

Igot an error at the GoTop line

Error Code:4[numeric overflow]
Subsystem BASE
Function => WORD
Argument:65536

Do not understand what this error means.
I also tried to use FieldGet to read a field and it also have the same
error.
I use debugger to check the Connection and the Select statment and
it's seems fine.
oConn return a SQLConnection object and oSelect return SQL_TABLE.

I also tried to FabMySQL but it has error when I test run the
application.

I also downloaded mySQL4VO. This one works in FiedGet but do not in
FieldPut. Is this a trial version for read only ???

Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

TW
From: Stephen Quinn on
TW

> Error Code:4[numeric overflow]
> Subsystem BASE
> Function => WORD
> Argument:65536

Maybe the number your trying to read/write is > 64K (65535)

CYA
Steve

From: TW on
On Apr 15, 3:17 pm, "Stephen Quinn" <stevej...(a)bigpondSPAM.net.au>
wrote:
> TW
>
> > Error Code:4[numeric overflow]
> > Subsystem BASE
> > Function => WORD
> > Argument:65536
>
> Maybe the number your trying to read/write is > 64K (65535)
>
> CYA
> Steve

Steve,

It's a GoTop() method and it supposes to return TRUE or FALSE.
There is no read/write nor involve with any number.

Thanks.
TW
From: Stephen Quinn on
TW

It's a GoTop() method and it supposes to return TRUE or FALSE.
There is no read/write nor involve with any number.
<<

Could it be that MySQL returns a numeric and not a logic value for BOF/EOF??

Usually logics equate to 0 & 1 (or 0 and anything non-zero), maybe the
return value doesn't fit into a WORD.

Have you asked on the MySQL forums??

CYA
Steve

From: Jorge on
On 15 abr, 14:32, TW <TYRON...(a)LIVE.COM> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using VO2.7B and MySQL 5.1. I have some problem in using MySQL
> and hope that someone can help me about it. I downloaded the ODBC
> drive of MySQL 5.1 inwww.MySQL.comand the configuration and
> installation works fine.
>
> I wrote coding as follows:
>
> LOCAL oConn AS SQLConnection
> LOCAL oSelect AS SQLSelect
>
> oConn := SQLConnection{ "MySQL", "root", "password" }
> oSelect := SQLSelect{ "SELECT * FROM SQL_TABLE", oConn }
>
> oSelect:GoTop()
>
> Igot an error at the GoTop line
>
> Error Code:4[numeric overflow]
> Subsystem BASE
> Function => WORD
> Argument:65536
>
> Do not understand what this error means.
> I also tried to use FieldGet to read a field and it also have the same
> error.
> I use debugger to check the Connection and the Select statment and
> it's seems fine.
> oConn return a SQLConnection object and oSelect return SQL_TABLE.
>
> I also tried to FabMySQL but it has error when I test run the
> application.
>
> I also downloaded mySQL4VO. This one works in FiedGet but do not in
> FieldPut. Is this a trial version for read only ???
>
> Hope someone can help me. Thanks.
>
> TW

Hello

I recommend you try ODBC 3.51