From: Carlos Vazquez on
Jean-Pierre,

I've got a question about TE-Control: Is it possible to save the resulting RTF to a DBF memo field, even though that RTF has embedded images (BMP, JPG...) and other complex structures?

Can you repost that sample for me to take a look at it?

TIA
--
Carlos Vazquez
cva(a)NOSPAMtelefonica.net
From: Jean-Pierre Maertens on
Carlos,

That is what is happening all the time here (the users simply paste
ANYTHING they can think of in such an editfield).

here is a new link (the links are removed automatically to avoid
clogging up our servers)

http://downloads.brugge.be/public/TETextEditor.aef

valid link until 24.04.2010

greetings

Carlos Vazquez formuleerde op donderdag :

--
Jean-Pierre Maertens

From: Arne Ortlinghaus on
Hi Carlos,

it works fine saving RTFs with images. There may be only the problem with
dynamic memory. A customer some time ago saved a clipboard RTF into such a
database field and it was 30 MB! When trying to retrieve the informations
the program always crashed because the program would have needed too much
memory.

Arne Ortlinghaus
ACS Data Systems

From: Carlos Vazquez on
Jean-Pierre Maertens wrote:

> Carlos,
>
> That is what is happening all the time here (the users simply paste ANYTHING they can think of in such an editfield).
>
> here is a new link (the links are removed automatically to avoid clogging up our servers)
>
> http://downloads.brugge.be/public/TETextEditor.aef
>
> valid link until 24.04.2010
>
> greetings

Thanks!
I've downloaded the sample, and I'll take a look at it ASAP (have just returned from a trip right now).

--
Carlos Vazquez
cva(a)NOSPAMtelefonica.net
From: Carlos Vazquez on
Arne Ortlinghaus wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> it works fine saving RTFs with images. There may be only the problem with dynamic memory. A customer some time ago saved a clipboard RTF into such a database field and it was 30 MB! When trying to retrieve the informations the program always crashed because the program would have needed too much memory.

Arne,

I don't think that the common usage for my customers would be that heavy (how quickly is any prevision going to fall down to earth? <g>), but the rule of thumb would be to have enough dynamic memory to hold the greater rtf possible, wouldn't it?

--
Carlos Vazquez
cva(a)NOSPAMtelefonica.net